Xdeep VS Halcyon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

May I jump in here? Am presently comparing a wing for doubles. Looking at the XDeep Hydros vs the Halcyon Evolve but would like to put aside the $ differences for now (and the warranty issue mentioned above-that was good to hear). Would like to focus on trim and build quality or any other real things a diver here specifically liked or disliked. Not sure that was answered above. Is there anyone here that has dove either of them enough to speak to any significant differences they notice? How they feel uw, etc.? How about build quality, seams, zipper, etc? Maybe, as mentioned above, there are no real differences. I just wanted to push the issue bit more to draw anything more out.

I understand, my only reason for putting in the halcyon infinity is because I used it on holiday and loved it.
You could try to find a second one from someone you can trust after checking the price they sell at.

It’s very likely you’ll sell it back at a price close to the price you bought it if you change (however you obviously won’t have this money while you use that wing?)

The hardest bit will be to find it second hand and from someone you can kind of trust to take care of their equipment?

I would highly recommend the XDeep NX Zen. $525 if ordered from Europe; less than $600 shipped.

I’ve had great success with warranty service — no issues about dealing with me living in different countries.

I’ve dived Halcyon gear as well. Honestly, both are very well made and perform well.

Both are seriously good systems and more than enough to do what you need them to do. If you can get a decent deal on one over the other Id go with that, use the money saved on EVEN more dive gear :)

The only thing to consider which may or may not bug you is that XDeep wings have their inflator hose come out of the center of the bladder rather than over your left shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom