Xstream Regulator Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptainHornblower

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I had an issue with my Xstream regulator and octopus. they both started free flowing at the end of a dive. They started when I had about 600 psi left in the tank. My wife was also using an Xstream reg and octo, was at a similar depth and similar tank pressure and her regs worked fine. I was at about 5 feet and on my way to the surface, tank pressure appx 600 psi, salt water and water temp of about 72. Is this something that can be adjusted when a tech services the regs?

Second, when I press the purge button the burst of air is almost enough to cause a pnumothorax. Can a tech tame the beast?

If the first stages are "overbalanced" the IP increases as the tank pressure decreases and might cause a freeflow at low PSI if they were tuned to the point of just barely not leaking at 3000 psi and not checked at 500 psi. Or if your IP is creeping and the reg needs servicing, the same might occur.

A good tech should be able to sort it for you. And it might take care of the pneumothorax problem too.

Thanks, I'll take them into my tech when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom