Xtar D26 1600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So how did the Saturday dive go? Was the light better than the regular D26?

Well.... I did take it in the water. But, for a list of circumstantial reasons, I never took it out of my pocket. Saturday’s diving did not really go according to plan.

I have compared them before, on land. The 1600 was clearly brighter and tighter. I expect that comparison to hold true underwater.

Well.... I did take it in the water. But, for a list of circumstantial reasons, I never took it out of my pocket. Saturday’s diving did not really go according to plan.

I have compared them before, on land. The 1600 was clearly brighter and tighter. I expect that comparison to hold true underwater.

But is it still charged? haha

seriously though is it still holding a charge? seems like the major problem was fixed

Thank you for reminding me!

I got home last Saturday and put my dive bag in the garage where it has been sitting for the last 6 days (and very cold all week).

I just went and pulled the light out. It turned on. The LED went green. I kept it on for a minute or two. LED stayed green. I turned it off and took the battery out. Put it in my Opus charger/tester. It showed 4.10 volts and started charging to top it up. The battery is very cold right now and it only showed 4.15 when the charger said it was full.

So, yeah, I'd say the light now lets the battery hold its charge. :D

I have debated it. I doubt Xtar will do it. Part of what makes it feasible to give a discount when selling in bulk is the reduction in overhead by only having 1 buyer to deal with and 1 box to ship.

I decided it wasn't worth it, to me, because of the hassle of ordering 20 and then shipping out 18 or 19 individual packages to different people, just to save myself a few bucks on the 1 or 2 lights I would want for myself.

But, if somebody else wants to do it, I'm in to buy 1 or maybe even 2 more.

I have debated it. I doubt Xtar will do it. Part of what makes it feasible to give a discount when selling in bulk is the reduction in overhead by only having 1 buyer to deal with and 1 box to ship.

I decided it wasn't worth it, to me, because of the hassle of ordering 20 and then shipping out 18 or 19 individual packages to different people, just to save myself a few bucks on the 1 or 2 lights I would want for myself.

But, if somebody else wants to do it, I'm in to buy 1 or maybe even 2 more.

I agree with you 100 percent but no harm in asking. This might be the first time i use alibaba

Back
Top Bottom