XTX 200 or ScubaPro G250V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you sure that isn't an adjustment or maintenance issue? Does it stop free-flowing when you take it out of your mouth underwater and shake the air out? That will usually melt ice issues in a second stage, especially in salt water. Sometimes cold can effect the second stage seat, springs, and O-rings just enough that the bench adjustment is just a little too light.

On the other hand, it this is just an excuse to get new regulators then send that piece of crap to me for proper disposal.

HAHAHA! I did give both methods a try and the results were as soon as it went back in my mouth the free flow started again. However it did stop while i had it out. I had the regs checked and serviced before hitting the water and checked again before the next dive... same results

Its warmed up now and they work fine...

HAHAHA! I did give both methods a try and the results were as soon as it went back in my mouth the free flow started again. However it did stop while i had it out. I had the regs checked and serviced before hitting the water and checked again before the next dive... same results

Its warmed up now and they work fine...

Doesn’t the SR1 have a dial-a-breath? Does it stop when you tighten spring pressure a little?

Doesn’t the SR1 have a dial-a-breath? Does it stop when you tighten spring pressure a little?

Nope, even dialed all the way in it free flows.

Hmm... Okay, so we've kinda wondered off the path here...

I need to purchase another reg regardless and I was looking at either the XTX200 or G250v/Mk17 High Polished.

My SR1 will be with me a while longer just in a different role.

drop the xtx200 and go for the xtx50 with ds4 1st, add a second xtx50 and you are golden. cheaper than the xtx200.

Saying that i also respect and like the mk17/g250v.... but i chose the apeks (i sell both)

drop the xtx200 and go for the xtx50 with ds4 1st, add a second xtx50 and you are golden. cheaper than the xtx200.

Saying that i also respect and like the mk17/g250v.... but i chose the apeks (i sell both)

I was thinking that the XTX50 and 200 were essentially the same less the first stage. I was considering the XTX 50 and the TEC3 or DS4.

I have to admit in some ways I am leaning towards the Scubapro. Is there a distinct reason to run Apeks? I'm worried I'm missing a point that's important to making this decision.

The XTX 200 second stage is much smaller, lighter weight, and more comfortable all around to dive with than the larger, heavier G250v, which has given me jaw fatigue, and made me not want to use the one I have.

JamaicanMon,

Both are great regs, the FSR does have odd routing angles. I have DS4 (ATX50), FST (XTX100) & a FSR (ATX200) regs n for pure ease of work of breathing, the FST is the best of the bunch by just a tad but it's also the heaviest.

The FST is my fav so far although, the DS4 is the most affordable and just as capable. Lots of tech divers I know still use the DS4.

The Sp Mk17/G250V is among the best performers around, Mk17 is very light and I think you'll be equally happy with either the SP Mk17/G250V or the DS4/XTX50 or FST/XTX50.

My preference towards apeks is cus I can get them serviced easily and cheap from a good friend of mine, the 2nd stages are cheaper than the scubapros and tons of my friends use apeks so getting service kits in bulk makes things easier as the FST/DS4/FSR all use the same kit.

SangP

Cold water performance aside the XTX200's hose routing is not very good for single cylinder diving and especially not good for tec diving. IMO another Apeks selection would be preferred for a good comparative analysis...

I'll just quietly disagree with this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom