XTX200 Tungsten vs SP MK25/S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreatBruce

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone,
New to the board. I'm resuming diving after a 10 year break (my golfing partners will never forgive me for this.. :) ).
I have been looking around to be sure not to open a thread already exixting...I hope this is not a re-post.
I'm looking at a 1st/2nd stage for, say 4 to 6 dives a month for the next..10 years :blinking:, and would be really interested to hear what you guys, from all over the planet think :
Apeks XTX200 Tungsten or ScubaPro MK25/S600 assy ?
Thanks a lot.

ps : Great site, great forum, great people here :D..thanks

Hello everyone,
I'm looking at a 1st/2nd stage for, say 4 to 6 dives a month for the next..10 years :blinking:, and would be really interested to hear what you guys, from all over the planet think :

If you have the money for either of them, then just pick the one you like best in terms of looks, as you cant go wrong with either.

Though, I hear that for ice diving that there are better first stages then the MK25, perhaps that might create a difference...

Personally, I'd go for the Apeks (but probably a non-tungsten version) simply because of the ease of servicing, but then I don't trust dive shops to work on my regulators.

Personally, I'd go for the Apeks (but a non-tungsten version) simply because of the ease of servicing...
I agree, go with the an Apeks XTX 200 (non-Tungsten) they are (in my opinion), the best all around regs on the market.

Don't overlook the hose routing options you can get with an XTX100, either.

John

Really any Apeks reg system is great. Most people would never need to full performance features of the XTX200.

My gal has Apeks regs and they breath great! My regs are Scubapro S600's/MK25 and they work excellent also. My concern was service and parts availability WORLDWIDE.

I have played with a DS4/ATX50 and the Mk25/S600. Both were tuned to the minimum cracking pressure without bubbling. The Mk25/S600 breathed noticeably better with less cracking pressure. The ATX50 also had too much venturi assist in the full + position, making it feel like the air was being shoved down your throat.

Thanks everyone.
I have to make a decision in the next few days to get the regulator, valves and LP accessories together before the dive next weekend.

Though I liked the compact ScubaPro S600 (and even thought of getting a Titanium valve), Apeks seems to get the better mark. Apeks it is then :D

I have no budget limit (nothing to be ashamed of...), so I'm going to look for a Black Pearl edition of the XTX. If they are all gone, I'll get a Tungsten, unless there are good reasons for you guys to insist on "non tungsten"...

Thanks again for your precious advice :wink:

Cheers from Singapore (diving in Indonesia next weekend) :crafty:

Have a nice week ahead :10:

unless there are good reasons for you guys to insist on "non tungsten"...

Thanks again for your precious advice :wink:
I thought Tungsten couldn't be used with 100% O2 however I have found articles stating otherwise if properly cleaned for o2 specs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom