XTX200 Tungsten vs SP MK25/S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bruce, if you can feel the difference in breathing the Tungsten versus a DS4, I'm impressed. -In fact I'm very impressed. When you call the DS4 a low end reg, you've certainly places yourself on the knowledge scale for some of us.

If you are "impressed" when I say there's a difference between lighter aluminum rims versus heavy steel rims, so it'll be. But after 10 years working as a taxi driver on bumpy streets in Oslo, joined the million mile club long time ago, I DO FEEL THE DIFFERENCE. But then it's not an American made car either, ha ha!

Bruce, if you can feel the difference in breathing the Tungsten versus a DS4, I'm impressed. -In fact I'm very impressed. When you call the DS4 a low end reg, you've certainly places yourself on the knowledge scale for some of us.

If you are "impressed" when I say there's a difference between lighter aluminum rims versus heavy steel rims, so it'll be. But after 10 years working as a taxi driver on bumpy streets in Oslo, joined the million mile club long time ago, I DO FEEL THE DIFFERENCE. But then it's not an American made car either, ha ha!

I'm 64 my man...and was probably already diving when you were still playing with a plastic duck in your bathtub...or were you in one the taxis queuing in the Oslo Airport ?..

I'm sorry this is all getting sour...very disappointing..in fact..you ruined my joy to go back to diving...I just hope I won't find too many like you..

PS : I don't know about american cars...I ride Lamborghini and Bentely CGT when I'm in Europe, and I love my crappy Toyota when I'm home in Singapore :mooner:

I'm 64 my man...and was probably already diving when you were still playing with a plastic duck in your bathtub...or were you in one the taxis queuing in the Oslo Airport ?..

I'm sorry this is all getting sour...very disappointing..in fact..you ruined my joy to go back to diving...I just hope I won't find too many like you..

PS : I don't know about american cars...I ride Lamborghini and Bentely CGT when I'm in Europe, and I love my crappy Toyota when I'm home in Singapore :mooner:

Yes, maybe you were diving in 1969, and maybe I was in that line of taxis at the airport. It doesn't matter, does it? I'm sorry if I ruined your day and the joy of getting back to diving. Welcome to the internet world my friend! My intentions weren't ment as you received them. But your choice of cars do clear up a few things regarding your choice of regs. I could of course spell BENTLEY correct for you, but then again you'll probably find lots of mistakes in my spelling. English is not my native language. I have to translate as I write this, and I may have stirred up feelings in you with my choice of words that weren't intended.

It's my opinion that the Tungsten is a waste of money since you get the same specs in a less flashy version of it in the regular XTX200. -And marginally but not noticeable better than the DS4.

If you feel good sitting in your BENTLEY mooning me, then I wish you well with your Tungsten. It's kind of the same thing.

(The standard of the taxis here would surprise you today though. Mostly brand new MB's, and not the cheap ones either)

A good reason? Well, getting the tungsten version (and paying the whollata extra...) will certainly prove you're a real smuck, and by using them valves everyone else will also know! :D

Seriously! Just ask around! It's true!!

For doubles the ultimate 1st stage for me is the one that comes with the XTX100 set, or the MK25 for that matter. -This is only due to hose routing, not performance. The day I'll be diving 40+ I'll be breathing trimix anyways.
A better voting question would be: Who's the real Smuck?
The guy who wears what he likes no matter what other people think or the guy who makes derogatory judgments about a person he doesn't know based on the gear he wears.

It proves nothing, it's your opinion, learn the difference. Also, learn that there is a difference between stating your opinion (which is part of why we are here) and calling someone an unkind name based upon them. Just uncalled for.

Grow up, don't hate on people just cuz they don't share your opinion on dive gear or what looks good or breath the same reg as you, really makes you sound like your jealous more than anything else. Respect other peoples right to choose what they feel suits them, without labeling or false judgments.

Bruce don't enable that guy to influence your joy of diving. That's giving him way more than he deserves.

I was looking at the Titanium ScubaPro, as it is very light and therefore easy to travel with, but it is definitively too expensive..

Titanium? - dammit, I wish they'd make that stuff illegal to put in scuba regulators. There's always some idiot who'll hook it up to a high % oxygen tank...:shakehead:

Crap, I paid a lot more than that for the aluminum rims on my car, which don't really perform any differently than steel rims, and in fact are probably more than a tad softer if I'd happen to hit a curb at speed. But they look nice. :cool: Does that make me any more vain than the next guy?

Really, KOMPRESSOR, who died and put you in charge of what equipment people should be able to buy anyway?
Well, it's a free society, people can choose to spend their money however it makes them happy. I just feel that reliability, performance and practicality are the reasons for choosing SCUBA gear. On my list of priorities looks doesn't even get considered (remember I'm talking about SCUBA gear here, right :D ).

I see....no sens of humour nither hu ?...well, if the divers I'm going to meet now are the same kind of the mob spitting on my car...I'll just find something else to do then, thinking of the good old times when divers where better than this...sharing their stories and having interests in each other equipment and options, rather than giggling at each other like school girls..
Oh..so a guy with new gear HAS to be a newbie..well..big mistake my friend...some of them must still be laughting at your "I know more, I know better" show..

And if you CAN tell the difference when changing the rims of a mini-van...I'm surprised you CAN'T tell the diffrence between a bottom and a top of the line regulator...maybe you missed your vocation...

Arrg...whatever....wasting my time here...

Sorry guys...

Hey Dude ,I will Make This Simple .
Take it with a Grain Of Salt,If you like Apex and are sold on Them, JUST DO IT!

I am sold on Scuba Pro,But when i was going to purchase one ,people dissed it and
and gave me a hard time.
But The Bottem line is ,will it do what you need it to do and is it what you want.
After you have come to those two observations , get it and go and dont worry about what people say.:biggrin3:

Titanium? - dammit, I wish they'd make that stuff illegal to put in scuba regulators. There's always some idiot who'll hook it up to a high % oxygen tank...:shakehead:

Really? Can you point out a few examples?
Everyone I know who uses 40%+ is smart enough to know a bit about O2. Perhaps its diffrent where you live.

So paying $100 more per first stage for the tungsten-plated FSR over a standard shiny chrome FSR makes someone a "schmuck" because the tungsten plating serves no purpose except it looks nice? But paying more than $100 extra per first stage for the Tek3 regs over the standard DS4s (which the Tek3s are a knockoff of), is a good move because they look cool but serve no other purpose?

What am I missing here?

Really? Can you point out a few examples?
Everyone I know who uses 40%+ is smart enough to know a bit about O2. Perhaps its diffrent where you live.

It's the same where I live, at least that I know of. I've never heard of anyone having something go wrong cuz they forgot and used the their Titanium reg instead of their O2 cleaned reg when using Nitrox 40%+.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom