Yak Dive - 10/11 @ South Brohard Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dkramer

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay folks. I went out with Moteman on Saturday & he showed me a neat spot. Don't know that I can find it exactly again but, there was a nice ledge running in about 20 ft of water & I'm interested in exploring what else may be out there. I won't lie to you, we didn't find a lot of teeth but there were a lot of bone fragments. The weather looks like it's gonna be decent so I'm planning on doing a 2 tank dive arriving at 8:30 & on the water by 9:00 for the first dive. If anyone is interested in joining me, you are more than welcome!:D South Brohard Park is located South of the dog park which is located south of the pier.

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........................not really sure as Mike didn't bring his yak so we dropped just past the sand bar & finned our way out. It's within swimming distance. Maybe Mike will jump in & give a better idea.

Dana, we dove there again sunday, it's quite a ledge. Wife and I saw goliath grouper, octopus and 1 lobster(little fellow). I'm planning to map it next weekend.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DI'll be there with bells on Saturday am!

It sounds more interesting all the time!! Keep us posted

That's okay, I'll catch ya on the second trip. I gotta go early so I can get 2 dives in & get back to the zoo. I'm bringing the 80's this time.

Where do you go out from when you get down to the beach?

Use the boardwalk next to the parking lot entrance, set a heading of 250 degrees. Maintain this heading after passing the "blocks". It's a couple hundred yrds out. Keep swimming ......if ya hear a Texas accent, ya went too far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom