Yap Lodging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pacific Pete

Registered
Reaction score
Eight weeks to Yap, with the family...

Would appreciate advice on lodging from first-hand experience. We (including kids) are snorkelers---but not divers, yet---so not sure Manta Ray Hotel is the right choice, tho we hear great things about it. Pathways looks great---bungalows in the jungle, no tv or phone. And Traders Ridge Resort---while appearing maybe too "touristy"---scores points with the swimming pool (for our kids).

Any thoughts?

Everyone I've talked to has enjoyed the Manta Ray Bay Hotel. But I have some bad news named Typhoon Sudal. Check out the Joint Typhoon Warning Center.

https://www.npmoc.navy.mil/jtwc.html

The closest approach currently is expected to be about 20 miles from Yap, with winds somewhere between 110 and 140. Lets all say a prayer for those on Yap.

You might want to check out the status of the hotel next week.

Well, Sudol was rather hard on Yap, but don't cancel your vacation just yet.

We are (unfortunately) used to this kind of weather in this part of the world, and much of the infrastructure is designed with typhoons in mind. Definitely call your hotel and make sure it wasn't demolished, but if it's still standing I would expect them to be ready for you when you get there !

Back
Top Bottom