Yay! TSD is back!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

foo2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I missed us!
Foo2

Sorry to hear you couldn't make diving this weekend. I did dive out at CSSP on Saturday and then Athens on Sunday. Both were interesting for different reasons but I could really have done without the 5' of vis (in the good spots) over at Athens. Enjoy your upcoming cruise, if you're taking the same one I did I know you'll have a blast.

Thanks HockeyGuy! Congrats on your new cert! I would not have enjoyed the 5 ft vis either! I hope you had a good time though!
Foo2

TxHockeyGuy:
.... but I could really have done without the 5' of vis (in the good spots) over at Athens. .

5 feet :rofl3: You lucky sucker !!!!

The best we found up top was 3 feet and from the Crab Trap at 65 feet on down to the bottom at 100 feet in Lake Murray it was 1-2 feet at best.
I couldn't even read my SPG.
We lost each other at 70 feet and after that TxDiveGuy and I used a 4 foot buddy line and we could almost see each others dive lights at that distance :D It's just beyond blackness down there these days. 57 degrees was not bad though.
We tried to locate the intake tubes below the steel tower but we never did. I think that is going to be a Winter time job.
The Crab Trap was freeky as usual and some how the vis there was just enough to see the form of it and see all the bombed out looking sheet metal. That thing is dangerous and cool.
We later found shaded parking and did a dive near Tucker Tower and followed a gully down around 60 feet out to the middle of the lake and then explored on the way back. Freakin' dark down there too.
Hey ... no tan lines though !

Back
Top Bottom