Yeeeeehaaaw! First dive of the year is in the bag!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yodelhawk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
After bugging my buddy for the last 1.5 months, we finally got out for a dive yesterday! It was awesome!!! Air temp was right around 55 degrees with wind gusts up to about 40 mph. Water temp a balmy 42 :D. First chance to try out my new "Zoop" and I love it. Collected a little bag of crayfish for a snack later and was finally able to convince myself that navigational skills that I had to show in my OWC where not just a fluke. Had to scrap the second dive due to my buddies leaking drysuit. Man I hope he stopped shivering sometime last night! Overall a great day at the Rocky Mountain Front in Big Sky Country.

---------- Post added April 21st, 2012 at 10:21 AM ----------

BTW, after looking at this again, I think that this should have probably been posted on a different forum? Mods if this is the case, feel free to move it. Thanks

Pretty much sounds like my dive today minus the crayfish. Zoop, leaky drysuit and cold water with high wind. Only other difference is that today was dive 17 on the year and the first time I lost my buddy with 0 vis and got my leg completely tangled and couldn't even see what I was tangled in due to the 0 vis. First ever real sense of panic for all of 2 seconds until I realized I was only at 25 feet and still had 1500 psi left and needed to just calm the "f" down. Worked slowly and methodically to work things out then met up with my buddy. Let the season begin.....

Great stories that support that concept that dives are like pizza. Some are better then others, but they are all pretty good. I think someone once said the same holds true of sex. Sex, pizza, and diving. Excellent grouping!
DivemasterDennis

Just knocked out the first one of the year as well! (albeit under a little more forgiving conditions)
The down side: I'm sitting in front of the computer with a credit card next to me...

The down side: I'm sitting in front of the computer with a credit card next to me...

Haven't had my first dive yet, exams up and coming. Although I think I've done enough buying of gear to last me this year (or the next 2 or 3)

Dived today here in NS with almost exact same weather/bottom temps. as Montana--in the N. Atlantic. I can imagine your dive--been to Big Sky Country a few times. Just got back from 70F water in Mississippi for 3 months. Not the same.

Sex, pizza, and diving. Excellent grouping!
DivemasterDennis

For some reasons I'm picturing Homer Simpson with his eyes half closed and rolling into the back of his head while drooling lol

Last edited:
Hahahaha, you sound like me. I've been bugging my dive buddy for A WHILE NOW and he finally agreed to GO this weekend. The water temp is 40 right now, man he's going to hate me !!!!!! The last time we dove in that cold water, we both had free flow.

I can't WAIT !!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom