Yelled at for MOF

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My integrated weights interfere. Maybe it's the AquaLung design. If I have very much in the pockets, the weights won't slide all the way in and lock into place. The weights seem to occupy the same "space" but theres a nylon divider separating the cargo pocket from the weight pouch area. I'd never be able to fit a mask into a pocket with my weights in place. Even my AL Teknika is a low-profile mask but I can't zip the pocket closed with it in there with the weights in place.

I got my Shearwater on my wrist but my backup is the ScubaPro Matrix on the console. SMB and reel clipped to stainless loops on my weight belt. My tiny little Princeton Tech AA flashlight just manages to fit in the right pocket and allow it to zip closed. I keep the slate in the left pocket, and it's not thick enough to matter.

The whistle is clipped onto my SMB so it's not a storage factor.

I also have integrated weights and they do take room. How much weight are you taking.

I have a steel 100 and an aluminum 80. I need 22 with the aluminum and 16 with the steel.
So I just keep 12 in the BC and I have two belts. My "steel" belt has 4 and my "aluminum" belt has 10.

I currently have three 2 lbs blocks in each pocket.

Decades ago before I got old and fat I only needed 12 lbs total. :)

Soft or Hard weights. I use soft weights.

I use hard. I tried the soft weights but they wanted to bunch all up in a wad inside the weight pouch so the issue with getting them in and out was worse with them. The hard weights are only about an inch thick so the weight pouch stays the same thickness.

Isn't that when I'm suppose to use the whistle and signal mirror and SMB the Scuba police says I have to haul around with me?

Funny you should mention the whistle. I was separated from my boat (on the surface) in the 1990sand in all the excitement, i forgot I had a whistle...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom