Yet another newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bernie_U

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello ScubaBoard,

The Chairman gently reminded me to introduce myself, so I keep my questions for this community and start talking about me.

My name is Bernie, and I dive for almost 20 years now. Just by the number of years accumulated, I am definitely not young anymore, but still curious and willing to learn. Most of the questions I am going to ask you will deal with the possible ways to develop my diving skills.

Over the past years I have collected some SCUBA gear and one of my quirks is to combine my items in unusual manner, surprisingly sometimes even with success. Currently I work on a sandwich side-mount harness. Maybe this sounds a bit like technical diving, but I can assure it is not - the only training I took was just recreational, PADI AOWD plus some specialties from SSI, SDI and ANDI.

To avoid too much routine underwater, I look for active roles whenever possible:
  • taking pictures with my digital camera (Sony RX100M4)
  • counting fish in scientific surveys as Reef check
  • and (hopefully in the near future) assisting in marine and underwater archeology
I love the ocean, the colorful tropical as much as the rough Atlantic and the beautiful rocky underwater-landscapes of the Mediterranean. Sadly, the place where I live is far away from the sea. Although there are some smaller (artificial) lakes nearby, I do most of my SCUBA diving abroad when I am on holiday. It's a small world - maybe we will meet some day.

Cheers,
Bernie

Welcome to ScubaBoard Bernie. You've come to a great forum where you can spend time during your surface intervals.

Welcome. A lot of us catch a plane when we want to see the ocean. It is indeed a beautiful thing. Happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom