Yo from Brooklyn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to say hello from Brooklyn.
I'm a newish diver (25 dives) and I'm excited about my upcoming trip to Maui in Feb.
My gf is going to be getting her certification on this trip. This is great as we're going to be making more and more trips to Florida to visit family and now we'll be able to do some diving there at the same time.

I had a great discovery today. I started to swim in the pool using my mask and snorkle and it's helping a lot with acclimating to wearing them. I find that initially when I put them on I'm nervous. Same thing happened on my last trip, once I got my head underwater I was fine. I'm hoping that more regular practice will help, and also help me get more conditioned by swimming harder and longer.

It's not the most genius discovery, but I feel like it'll make a difference for me in the long run as I'm not going to be diving all that often. :frown2:

Thanks for a great board. I'm having lots of fun learning from everyone.

cheers,
deb

Hey Deb!

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Have fun in Maui - try a night dive at Black Rock, and you might want to dive the Cathedrals too - absolutely beautiful!! Sounds like you are making good progress. You are going to love diving!

John

Just got back from a week of diving the Floriday Keys. Sure beats freshwater practice pits. :thumb:

You're right - using the mask and snorkel only is great practice for anyone who feels uncomfortable with the gear. Wearing a mask and breathing thru a mouthpiece are some of the most common problems. I've also seen divers relax a lot more when they got a better mouthpiece - a Manta or Sea Cure.

:bandit_2: don

Welcome to the board. Don't worry to much about the nervousness.. We all get a little nervous from time to time. I do not like being on top of the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom