Yoga?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mddolson once bubbled...
Starfish!, are you sure you don't mean respiration rate?

At a pulse rate of 10 beats per minute you'd be in a comma!

MikeD
:blfish:
I thought she meant that it has been lowered 10 bpm from where it was before the Yoga.

His pulse rate is down :wink: to 60 from 70 bpm, he's not out!

It is great for your air consumption.

If you haven't tried, give it a chance.

In about a month or two you will be a lot more aware of how you breathe.

Well, at least for me it worked like that.

BoricuaMojao

As an instructor of Yoga, INHO...
DEFINITLY!!
:bounce:

I still get nervous diving on occasion, so I use not only the awareness of breath techniques with diving, but also alot of the philosophy....which can be used with anything.

Freediver...I read an article on freediving and breath tehcniques.
I thought I was reading how to breath from some of my Yoga literature! VERY siimilar

I haven't gotten to where I do poses underwater, tho.....well....okay........ Maybe headstand

:yea:

Hmm... I don't know about this yoga stuff... I don't think I want slow down any more than I already am. :)

I have the opposit problem from most people RE: pulse and blood pressure... Mine are low.

My father and one of my two sisters are the same.

My mom went on a salt-free diet once (so of course we all did...) and about a week into it, I got out of bed too fast one morning and passed out on the floor for a few seconds.

A 1/2 pound bag of Doritos for breakfast and I was fine again (I am a salt fiend).

My resting pulse tends to be in the low 50s. It was lower when I was on track team in highschool (low 40s) I took it once at 38 while on the verge of falling asleep in chemistry class. :wink:

Every time I go to give blood they ask me if I feel OK when they take my BP and then I have to convince them it's normal for me and they can go ahead and take the blood.
My OW instructor was surprised at my low air consumption for a beginner. It's gotten even better since.

There is no doubt in my mind that yogic breathing can benefit divers and non divers alike. I am very happy with what it has done for me: a very relaxed breathing pattern while underwater that allowed me (a couple weeks ago) to get 2 hours and some change in bottom time on a 63 cuft cylinder. This was, however, training dives in about 20 -25 feet of water.

Sorry all, I misread the post.

Dah, Ya think!

I thought you meant his pulse was down "TO" 10 bpm, not "BY" 10 bpm.

I need a swat with the "wake up stick" don't I?

Sorry about that.

best regards

MikeD

:blfish:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom