Yoga?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradJ

Reaction score
Does anyone practice yoga or some other type of breathing/relaxation technique above water?
It would seem that SCUBA and yoga would go together well.

Mudguppy does. There was also another lady in the midwest, Chicago maybe? that listed yoga. Can't recall her name. But yes, yoga is great for divers.

I'm not very good, but I have started within the last year. I find it helps my back.

I have not done any studies on this nor have i heard about this from any divers i know. This said, I would think that yoga would be great for diving, not only because it keeps you fit, but also if you do breathing exercises, it should help your air consumption underwater.

People who dont dive, dont know what it feels like to dive. To explore a territory that we physically should not be able to explore.

Yes one must always try to achieve a ballance with one's yin and yang.
I have difficulty achieving this.
My YIN and YANG are contantly out of ballance.
And I beleive I shall always be in a state of inner conflict.

Oh well we should all belive in something, I guess.
So as a true Canadian, I believe I'll have another beer!

It helps mello out my Yang.

MikeD

ps: no offense intended,
do not take me literaly, unless of course, you like beer.

My husband and I do yoga and dive. He's a more consistant practitionar then I am.

His pulse rate is down 10 beat per minute.
My flexibility has increased which is helpful getting in and out of all equipment.

Starfish!, are you sure you don't mean respiration rate?

At a pulse rate of 10 beats per minute you'd be in a comma!

MikeD
:blfish:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom