You and the IRS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajtoady

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK so by some quirk of nature you are diving at 100 fsw with an auditor from the IRS who just happens to be auditing your taxes. Hey I did say a quirk of nature! All of a sudden he goes OOA, will you or better yet would you share air? Being tax time makes you wonder about these things!!:idk:

Well, I would probably give him air as I am Canadian, but if a Canadian tax auditor were OOA next to me... I still probably would. I have managed to buy most of my gear either used or under the table, so...

I also don't pay taxes as a student.

You bet I would! Then I would REMIND him during the audit process that he owed me.

Yes I would help him. After all he is from the Federal Government he has to be there to help.

well, If it were in Australia, It COULD be my cousin, through she mainly audits the Aussie Government rather than the taxpayer now. If it were in NZ, hell yeah, I want my refund!

Last edited:
I've been audited twice and I would give him air.

You cheat on your taxes and wouldn't help a drowning federal employee - no doubt your a TEA Party member.

From what I've noticed people that cheat on their taxes are fixtures in the current administration and most assuredly not Tea Party Members.:no:

Thats why TP congress members de-funded IRS positions in their budget that passed Friday. They were saving the liberals. Got it.

I would definitely supply air to an out-of-air IRS agent, particularly if they were as cute as the young woman that did my field audit.

I was audited last year. The whole process took almost a year and included a visit to my home by the IRS for a field audit. My returns were squeaky clean. Although the agent went off on several tangents besides the initial questions, the end result was no change to my returns at all.

I got the distinct impression that they were dragging out the process so they could point to a huge number of "audits in process" to justify their staffing levels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom