You are given a credit card with an infinite amount of money, but can only be used at dive shops. What’s your dream setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBadger32

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Be as specific or vague as you wish, what’s your dream setup? List as many or as few things as you would wish, and feel free to include prices if you want!

I'd buy all the employee's ( & their spouse) the most expensive lunch the card will buy!

Find a mechanically inclined technical dive shop and hire them to do a van conversion for me with nitrox compressor, dip tanks, drying racks, shower and small portable office.

Stock it with sidemount and rebreather gear. Get a dry suit and take drysuit and rebreather classes.

Considering that dive shops are not restricted to only selling what they are dealers for, I would start by having them charter one of these:

Then I would have them charter one of these:

I am thinking a month in Bikini would be be a fun way to start.

I would start with a jacket bc with a octo/inflator, a pair of split fins, a suunto computer, and a couple of spare airs!!!!!

Seriously, I would get...
BC- A freedom plate w VDH wing, Deep6 setup, Scubapro Hydros pro,

Reg- Atomic T3, Scubapro MK25 evo w D420, poseidon jetstream.

Computer- A teric, a perdix, a eon steel, the new garmin, a ratio computer of some kind.

Fins- A pair of force fins, deep6, and jet fins.

I would start with a jacket bc with a octo/inflator, a pair of split fins, a suunto computer, and a couple of spare airs!!!!!

Seriously, I would get...
BC- A freedom plate w VDH wing, Deep6 setup, Scubapro Hydros pro,

Reg- Atomic T3, Scubapro MK25 evo w D420, poseidon jetstream.

Computer- A teric, a perdix, a eon steel, the new garmin, a ratio computer of some kind.

Fins- A pair of force fins, deep6, and jet fins.
A T3??? You need to think bigger - with an infinite amount of money, you could get a T25… and maybe even an extra T25 second stage for an octo! :wink:

A T3??? You need to think bigger - with an infinite amount of money, you could get a T25… and maybe even an extra T25 second stage for an octo! :wink:
No way, the t25 would clash with the orange on the deep6 gear. If I learned anything from @buddhasummer , it is that things have to match and be color coordinated

If I had your magic credit card, or hit the lottery?

Forget about buying equipment ... I'd find a dive shop that books trips. Nice trips, like booking the whole liveaboard. For weeks. Follow the good weather anywhere it leads.

Very, very shortly afterwards, my "out of office" message would go up, with a return to work date of, um, Tuesday the Never of Never.

Back
Top Bottom