You have the wrong gear for this class!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He says I brought a "tech rig" to an open water class and it was not appropriate and that he has to explain to his students the "difference" between my gear and theirs.

Ok, I am not trying to convert people to HOG setup but personally I think it is time to educate people that a bp/w with long primary and necklace does not mean it is tech. Anyone has any ideas on how on do that? And whats wrong with explaining a new setup to new students anyway?

My instructor is a cave diver and had a similar setup. He just told us his is setup for him and what he likes and uses. During drills our class had no problem doing what he wanted us to do underwater while pointing to areas of his gear that obviously was different from ours (eg, pointing to releases and such that were not there on his gear but on ours).

He also took the time to explain the few differences and why he has that particular setup.

Back
Top Bottom