You Know You're A Scuba Addict When...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you give the OK sign to your non-diving buddies by mistake instead of a thumbs up.

hehehehe... done that

....whenever you are standing around, you find your hands folded over your stomach

You can point out to your non diving friends places on the map like Palau, Fiji, Belize, Yap, Cancun...

The first place you go when you log onto the Internet is www.scubaboard.com!!!

. . . you have permanently converted a bathtub or shower in your home into a gear drying rack.

. . . you have converted your foyer closet into a fill station, leaving no room to hang coats for your visiting guests.

. . . you have thrown away that useless diningroom table to make a dedicated storage area for your tanks and gear, choosing to eat on dining trays for the foreseeable future.

. . . you hide helium and oxygen supply tanks in your SUV until 2:00 in the morning so that you can cart them up and down to your high rise condo, avoiding the security guards and other people from your association or in the building that might question you about it.

. . . your desire to dive has been a contributing cause of the break up of at least one marriage in your past.

Oldies but goodies - I reserve the right to post stuff that's already been posted...

• You can't focus properly without your facemask on
  • You automatically exhale slowly when you walk up a flight of stairs
  • You worry too much about elevators ascending too quickly
  • Your picture now appears on the "Local Species" bulletin at your LDS
  • Fresh air is starting to taste funny
  • Your house always smells like wet neoprene
  • Your car smells worse than your house
  • You bring your dive light to bed in case you need to go down
  • You wake up at night flailing to reach your octo
  • Your dive car is held together by rust
  • Your dive car looks like it has busted rear springs from all the load
  • Your dive truck as a permanently attached bottle rack
  • You clear your ears before getting on a down escalator
  • Your scuba gear gets more time in the bathroom than you do
  • You name your kids/pets after famous divers
  • You change your name to that of a famous diver
  • You laugh uncontrollably while watching "Open Water" and "Deep Blue"

KBeck:
-Your choose your hairstyle/haircut based on your diving requirements
-You bathroom smells permanently of wet neoprene, and there is ALWAYS at least one dive related item wandering in the bathtub/sink/floor.....
-You love the smell of your LDS--new gear and tank filling stations
does shaving count? I grew a goatee after the last dive season, now i am going to shave it,(season is here, need smooth face for mask seal) see my profile pic. My wife wanted me to grow it, but I want to dive!!!!

Back
Top Bottom