You know you're a scuba diver when...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrierHPharmD:
Actually, I always giggle when I talk about going down and penetration, especially when I'm diving!

You are a very silly man and I am not going to interview you :)

When your sitting in a wheelchair in the ER on sunday morning with a severely sprained ankle thinking....What can I have done to my gear now that I'll be out of the water for a while???...

When your home renovation blueprints include a sizeable room just for scuba gear. Complete with a washtub, floor drain, dehumidifier, drying racks, workbenches, tank storage, and battery charging stations. It'll be a mud room, honey, I promise!

When my wife and I walk into the garage full of our gear and say mmmmmmm smells like scuba.

When you open the door to your truck or car or office or house and it smells like you just walked into a dive shop. Yes I admitt I have a problem. I like this scuba thing way too much.

When you go back to switzerland (home) after 3 months work in your DC and 200 dives, it's snowing, 2m powder up top, and all you think about is ... who could i buddy up with to go diving in my 7mm wetsuit today... it's warm, it's -4 outside, water is at 3°... I really miss a good lake dive.

When you tell your students after the 4th dive of the evening that you can't take a flight to the red sea for a night dive because of them ;p

when you do a briefing in your sleep to your non diver wife and cats, and tell them off when they interrupt.

when your skin smells of neoprene even after a good shower

When you get your non-diver friends to believe than a lubricated o-ring is safe and enjoyable.

When you tell people to hover in a queue to take up less space

when you use sign language in your local grocery store

when you think about transforming your changing rooms into a pool, jacuzzi and rinsing tank area.

when you tell your boss that you would risk a DCS if you worked too hard, and that he wouldn't like to be responsible for your death.

when your excuse for being late at work is : "sorry had to extend my safety stop"

When you can hover whilst sleeping

when your friends ask you if you are out of deco mode

When desaturation is something else than sobering up or stopping to fart.

When Nitrox and Trimix are not new cocktail names in a hype bar (think i'll start this one somewhere here ;:eek:)

When you know what a stringFish is

spartanws6:
you are at work and spend more time surfing scubaboard.com than doing actual work :)

**shhhsss** don't tell my boss

Hmm... is that what I'm doing now?

You know you're a scuba diver when...
you can't decide whether to renew you vows because your wife won't do it underwater.

When you are proud of your first DUI (and 2nd, 3rd, etc.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom