You know you're vintage when----

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you know you're a "vintage" diver when you use a name of a SCUBA equipment company as part of your Scubaboard name .... right Nemrod ... Scubapro5 ... Swimaster ... ect .

LOL, ScubaPro50. Actually, even though I had some Nemrod equipment (but mostly USD) one of the girls in my 8th grade class saw me reading a SkinDiver Magazine (instead of doing my Algebra problems and she quickly told the teacher, a nun. I of course smartly informed her that I was a Scuba Diver. The Sister (a Catholic School) over heard and teased something about Nemrod and sea gods as the girl of interest rolled her eyes and smirked and so the name stuck. I am Nemrod, minor god of the sea! N

You know you're vintage when----

The very young dive guide on the boat asks you if you need any help putting on your regulator and you just take a slow breath, smile and say "No thanks, I think I can manage".

Alan

you know you're a vintage diver when the divemaster remarks that he hasn't seen equipment like that in over 20 years ..................... the diver next to you said he saw a regulator like that in a 1968 Skin Diver magazine ..... you ran out of pages in your dive logbook and have been writting down information on any piece of paper you can find and now have several hundred of them collecting dust in a shoe box under your bed ... people keep asking if you really bought that gear from Mike Nelson.

You know you're vintage when your Hans Hess Decobrain needs new batteries.

You have to inform all the dive staff that yes, scuba tanks do come in other pressure rating than 3000 PSI.
You have to explain over and over why a person might want to buddy breathe.
You know where the idea for Right hand release came from.
You might spend $300 for a vintage Royal Aquamaster, and then balk at paying $150 for a new whosale reg from your diveshop.
Aloha
Turtleguy

gle:
From whence cometh the right hand release?
Aloha GLE
Primarily because most divers are right handed, but also because the first wide strap backpacks and BCD's had left hand release, so that the diver would not release the weight belt when using the other strap release, or buckle.
Turtleguy9

One more question, where did you find a Royal Aquamaster for $300? Looking around all I can find are $450+

You know you are vintage when the dive boat instructor says that your c-card belongs in a museum, and he ain't that young himself!

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom