You Might Be A Redneck Diver If....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer

Contributor
Reaction score
In a car underwater with time to kill....
# of dives
50 - 99
I've got the Redneck Rig from Hell, now. I just got back from getting my regs serviced. Last October in Cozumel, the exhaust got busted off of my primary, so I tossed it in my boat bag and continued my dives, using my octopus. Later, I managed to snap it back on, or so I thought... This past weekend in Key Largo, the captain found my exhaust port rolling around on the deck. Sheesh... Embarrassing...

Also, my BC hose didn't have a protector on it, and I felt a little paranoid about it. On my octo hose, the hose protector kept sliding up and down the hose, obviously not fulfilling its purpose.

So... My exhaust port is now fastened onto my primary via a bead of JB Weld. My new hose protector is blue, in contrast with the rest of my setup, which is black, and the hose protector that was sliding up and down, is now held in place with black electrical tape that has been superglued to keep it from coming loose in the water.

Man... My whole rig has now got that "Trailer Trash Chic," to it. All I need is some duct tape around my hoses, wetsuit, and BC. LMAO

"Hey, Clem! I think the JB Weld is just about dry. Pass me sum o' that sandpaper and the roll o' duct tape!"

Underwater "Dueling Banjos," anyone?

Ha! brilliant thread frank.

rednecks --we are worldwide now, BTW.

I think spare air goes a long way to completing the image....

OHHHH, those shirts that say "get more bottom time" and "divers do it ----er" Yuck.

Now, ratty old gear is tres chic in the South Pacific...not trailer trash at all.

ouch...I will be broiled for this one...ok...here goes..: PADI log books. if you really need it just keep it out of view on the boat.

or bring the extended non-diving family on the boat! ... I LOVE grits...but here it is POI

Acrylic dive flag nails, lord help us.

You might be a redneck if you dive for golfballs in cutoffs and a Molly Hatchet t-shirt;-)

I could have been self inspired on that one

You might be a redneck diver if you keep your spare o-rings in an empty Copenhagen can. (No, I don't)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom