You might be a scuba addict if...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want that van, too.

But I think I'm more addicted. I just threw a plastic tarp over the carpet in the back of my Audi station wagon . . .

ItsBruce:
-- buy a new Audi A4, then buy a thrashed Astro Van to keep from getting the Audi upholstery from getting wet

--

Your legendary three decades Astro ban is discontinued and replace with “Uplander.” We might get the better deal on the old model though….

coach_izzy:
  • You will spend countless minutes browsing for accessories and other crap you don't really need.

• You've mastered the art of turning the shower into a rinsing station

• When you get sick, the first question you ask your doctor is "When will I be able to go back to diving"

• Any body of water makes you ponder "I wonder what the visibility is down there, maybe I would need a light".

• You spent countless hour in this board :D

Haha, these points ring home especially true :D

......Durring a major algie bloom you get all your gear on and sit in no vis water just to blow bubbles! And those of you that dive inland lakes know that 3 inch vis is good some days!!! Being able to see your hand and inch from your mask is cool!

......Get excited when the search and rescue call for divers to dive for a body. Because its been a couple months since your last dive.

.......Get really excited about the college building a pool because it means another body of water to log dives in.

........Cut out an opening in ice to dive a lake that is only 12' deep durring a full white out snow storm.

Just some of the stuff we like to do around here.

...you constantly hit F5 (refresh) to see if anyone has responded to your posts in the forums :)

A guy might be an addict if given the choice of a Victoria's Secret or a dive equipment catalog you don't even think twice, sorry ladies I don't know what "forbidden fruit" catalog you might ignore in favor of the dive catalog.

I dont know if anyones like me...but somehow whenever I walk through the building of my office, I always imagine how it would be like to go diving if it was under water or flooded 100 stories... the drop in the elevator shaft would be a cool experience

To the vehicle....
I will someday (soon I fear) miss my 4WD aerostar. It's been faithfiul throiugh camping and diving.
The Windstar does nice when we dive as a couple. With dual sliders we each had a door to work from.

As to the original addict:
If you calculate and can cite your MTBD (Mean Time Between Dives)

You read this whole thing before you realize that your nodding your head in agreement. :)

I am guilty. I am SO guilty.

Back
Top Bottom