Your 2014 dive season plans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cayman Aggressor, late July. 10 day trip.

May try to sneak a Coz trip in somewhere if the money is around.

After 32 years, my husband is finally getting certified after a great Discover dive this Spring with a gifted instructor. Until he tried it, he feared being able to equalize.

We've booked 2 weeks of diving in Curacao at the end of April/beginning of May.

After that, we'll see. I'm just tickled he's finally going to see a world I've wanted to share with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

January : Bali
February : Bali
March : Bali
April : Bali
May : Bali
June: Bali
July : Bali & maybe Komodo
August : Bali
September: Bali
October : Bali
November : Bali
December : Tanzania
Much more diverse in 2014 since I've only dived Bali in 2013. Good for me though since I didn't get bored!
In 2014, I hope I see the same as in 2013. That is for the big stuff: dolphins, mantas, eagle rays, mola2, whale and thresher sharks, mahi mahi, etc... Oh yea, add whales, hammerheads and orcas for 2014 to make me even happier!
For the small stuff that would be: at least 12 different rhinopias, mimic & wonderpuss, velvetfish, Ambon scorpionfish, dozens of frogfish, tons of shrimps & nudis of all sizes and all colors, etc...
Best memory remains a dolphin swimming past with a large surgeonfish in his mouth!

So I'm sitting around this morning drinking coffee looking outside to see a little snow has come in overnight, and so my thoughts turn to my New Years Dive and wonder what it will be like.
It will be a short and sweet dive in a lake for sure but what state? Home here in Arkansas their is but one choice for a short drive Beaver Lake.
But Mo has Table Rock not far away and a large wreck that I got to spend very little time on. But even closer is Ten Killer lake in Ok I had a blast here this Fall with a few friends and got some great video's!
Only time will tell what I will do I guess it depends on the weather. So this brings me to what you willl be doing for the 2014 season?
What is on your bucket list for the coming year and goals is what would be cool to read about so please share! :D

Mine are simple this next year.
1. re-visit old spot's in Texas that I have not been to in over ten years
2. venture to the Gulf coast
3. Have a great training season, and meet new people
4. work on new skills for deeper diving wreck's in Michigan and hope to see my old buddy again :wink:
5. Just dive, dive dive! :D

Not a long list but its a start!

Where in AR are you? I'm moving to Little Rock in January for the SF Bay Area. My goals are very similar to yours.

- Meet new dive buddies

-Dive fresh water laker

-Gulf coast

-Continue work as a DM (just finished my program last week, waiting for my application to go through.

-maybe take a tech course toward the end of the year

-Travel to the Caribbean and Florida

Sadly, we probably won't dive at all in 2014. Having now dove in warm water, I have no interest in getting into cold water again, and we won't have a tropical vacation.

BUT 2014 is when our Galapagos trip is, and there will be plenty of snorkeling. One of the reasons I learned scuba was to get more comfortable in my mask so I could snorkel better. (Yes, I know that is bizarre- but it actually worked...) I still really dislike snorkeling, but I'm not going to miss it in the Galapagos!

You definitely should dive in the Galapagos...it's a bucket list location for a lot of divers!

Sadly, we probably won't dive at all in 2014. Having now dove in warm water, I have no interest in getting into cold water again, and we won't have a tropical vacation.

BUT 2014 is when our Galapagos trip is, and there will be plenty of snorkeling. One of the reasons I learned scuba was to get more comfortable in my mask so I could snorkel better. (Yes, I know that is bizarre- but it actually worked...) I still really dislike snorkeling, but I'm not going to miss it in the Galapagos!

if you're planning on diving in the Galapagos, I would probably do a bit of diving in your local waters this year. From what I understand the conditions are cold and can be challenging

You definitely should dive in the Galapagos...it's a bucket list location for a lot of divers!

No, I'm a newbie. I'd die for sure. This trip was planned before we learned to dive and not as a diving trip. I'm sure there is diving near where we are going- but it isn't in the schedule, and the islands were are going to aren't really the dive ones. Maybe I can make it back one day when I'm a better diver. I'm such a scaredy cat, I'm not sure I'd do it though.

Oh I should add I wanted to take an ice diving class but not sure if that's doable in Arkansas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom