Your 2014 dive season plans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm 2014 Dive activities... Still a bit open but... I expect to get 50 to 75 dives in this year. Good start with 5 dives already in the Philippines this year... yep with others form the Scubaboard.. :)

Late March Early April Ao Nang Thailand with Poseidon Dive Center on PDC1
July as part of a longer trip, Montenegro diving and tourist.
September, Either Thailand or Philippines. (most likely) BUT Possibly Fiji with some folks from Scuba Board.
December/January I am thinking Tahiti... with a few others from Scuba board

Very cool! Sounds like a solid rig! Thank you for the invite. I take my own boat as well, it's not ideal, but we make it work. 21ft Searay Cuddy with a late model repower, it handles the bigger waves pretty well. Usually we stay on the boat in the harbor to minimize costs. We usually try to give ourselves two to three days there as the weather can be very unpredictable and rough. Farthest out we've gone so far is about 16 miles to E.B. Allen. It was too rough to try Monrovia when we were there last summer lol. Were you planning on one day or more?

Probably Saturday / Sunday.

Monrovia / Grecian / E.B. Allen on Saturday, then whatever "shallow" wrecks we can do on Sunday.

Searay sounds nice!

Last edited:
I have a few things on my list.

1.) Take a cavern class and intro to cave at Cave Adventurers, in May.
2.) Live-a-board trip in Coron; and take an Overhead-Advanced Wreck class at the end of the year.

3.) I am planning on going to either Thailand or the PI for an IDC....but my work schedule my not permit it this year. This one may become item #1 for 2015.

Have a great year!
Dream big....and make it happen.

-Mitch

My list of objectives/trips:
1. get my BP/W set up
2. Pass my BSAC Sports Diver course
3. A week diving in lanzarote - my main goal there is to see angel sharks hopefully.
4. Depending on where I end up doing my dissertation research for final year of undergrad possibly get some dives in the Bahamas
5. Get in the North Sea - so far only done quarry/lake diving in the UK as all the other trips have had to be canned due to bad weather - especially looking forward to getting out to the farnes finally!
6. Complete my stint as the kit officer at our club without screwing anything up!

Wife and I will be celebrating our 10 year ann in Cozumel this summer.
Staying at palace and diving with Jeremy.

Then, somewhere hot for Christmas!

Simple plan:

1. Dive with the new pole spear I bought and kill (and eat) lionfish
2. Dive as often as I can when I go back to Scotland with Divebunker - great sites in the Firth of Forth. My favourite is Blae Rock
3. Dive as much as I can around where I live - Panama city, Florida

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom