Your Best “eBay” Scuba Equipment Purchase!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigredbill:
I have had lots of excellent buys but a few stand out. First - Seaquest XR2/Spectrum reg brand new in box for $55 including shipping. Also got a Titan LX Supreme 2nd stage for $45.

And the real stunner - A combo Scubapro BCD with Air2, dive bag and MK10+/D400 with Scubapro 3 gauge console for $150 and $20 shipping. I sold the BCD and the Air 2 to recoup my $170 investment, therefore getting a Mark 10+/D400 and an extremely nice Scubapro gauge console plus dive bag FOR FREE!!! I almost felt guilty. And to top it all off - everything was pristine!!

Sweet...Good Job!!!

I purchased my inital gear purchase from a lady who quit diving and she turned out to be the same height, weight and very similar build that I am. For $250.00 (including shipping) I got a 7mm farmer jane wet suit, a 3mm shorty, Fins, snorkel, Oceanic (?) Diva BC, Sherwood Octo, mask, snorkel (unused) and few other misc accessories. I had every thing check out and it was all in perfect working order. I checked on prices and it would have cost me over $1500 for everything. They had only been dove on a couple of times.

I've bought stuff from Joe Diver America and a couple other dive shops that are online through ebay. I've had really great success with my purchases and I have been really happy with what I've bought. I'm very cautious about who I buy from and I always check out the seller before I even put in a bid. I always take what I buy the my LDS to have it serviced and checked over.

hoosier:
Guys, be careful "Shill Bidding."

There are a lot of shill bidding on the scuba equipment at eBay. Even SB memers are doing "Shill bidding." So, please check out the internet sources and make sure of your ceiling limits at first. Never be a implusive bidder agaist the shill bidders!

I've never heard that term, you'll have to explain that one...

You try to sell the item under your user name, "DiverEMT" at eBay. You don't set up the reserve price and "Buy it Now" to tempt more bidding, but you use another fake ID, for example, "fraud." And then, you try to raise the final price by bidding on your own auction. It can be your friend's ID or other sellers at eBay to manipulate the final price.

You have to report this kind of transaction to eBay. They used to cancle the transaction after investigating seller's history. So, whenver you bid, you have to track down the seller's feedback and previous bidders that has been often shown each transaction.

DiverEMT:
I've never heard that term, you'll have to explain that one...

Lots of neat gadgits. A double Spare Air, 2 DA Aquamaster twin hoses, A 1972 Aquarius, and a 1972 Conshelf, (Both of those brand new, still in boxes!), A Citizen Aqualand (Orange face), and a couple of antique masks.

Oh, and a couple of Ultrasonic cleaners for rebuilding regs.

Love E-Bay!

The Good
Atomic M1 reg $580 2 years ago totally amazing reg, worth every cent, It came with everything.
Scuba Pro R380 Octo $120 BNIB
The Bad
Suunto Cobra W/Compass $580, I got stung on the Cobra, the guy told me he'd only used it once but when I received it the computer logbook showed 20 dives, plus he was selling another one for his 'girlfriend' and that went for $530 Having said all that the computer works great and has never given me any problems. Changed the battery myself.
The Ugly
Henderson Gold core 5mm brand new, 'WITH WARRENTY' took it to the Red Sea, it suddenly developed a hole at the base of the zipper, half way through liveaboard week, when I got back seller wouldn't replace, told me to contact Henderson, they would not help ...

My best was a Mares Ruby reg w/octo for $250. It came with a Computek air integrated computer that wasn't even part of the deal!

Apollo Bio-Fins for $45...used but functionally brand new and not scuffed up at all...

I'm far more willing to buy from eBay than from LeisurePro at this point. Especially since ScubaToys matches LP's pricing. I look to eBay only if the deal is really good and I get in contact with the seller.

Way, way too much to list all of it. Some classics:

My entire Oly camera rig and housing. Bout the strobe and handles from Yuzo - got the cam and stuff from eBay. Sold it 8 months later for more than I paid for it.

My BP/W rig. Both of our canister lights. Both our Vytecs. Both of our Atomic B1 reg rigs (in 2000... still perfect.) All of my PST cylinders. All of our fins, gloves, hoods, and masks. Our Stahlsac dive bags, our SK7 compass' and my DIR Hose kit. Last week I just bought my new drysuit on eBay (NEW stock medium CLX450, with the zip seal upgrade to neck and wrists, new-in-the box rock boots, uncut zip seals, bag, talc, wax, etc, etc... for $750 delivered) and my currently too large, very good condition FLX50/50 signature series will be listed there this weekend.

My best deal was a mis-listed Diving Unlimted International dry suit. It was a custom cut (that would never fit me) that I picked up with 400 thinsulate and booties for $475 - and sold 10 days later for $1260. I've picked up a few canister lights and flipped them, flipped a couple of backplates, and will be flipping some other stuff this weekend I picked up last week on the cheap.

Its the greatest thing to ever happen to the internet, EBay. Since 1999 I have thousands of transactions and have made and sold many tens-of-thousands of dollars. Nothing like it. Its changed the way I live. If you're not going to eBay before you step out the door to go buy anything, you're burning your cash.

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom