Your dream diving location?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you mean for a week in one location, I would have to think hard. If we're dreaming, I'll go for a month tour circling all parts of the Caribbean. 2 to 4 days of diving in each location, and one day seeing the sights before hopping on a plane for the next island.

Ultimate dream vacation-I'd buy a decked out 50' sailboat with onboard compressor and have my own live aboard. Start in the Carib, head through the Panama canal, hit Cocos and Galapagos then head west to the south pacific and spend the rest of my life diving every hotspot between the eastern South Pacific islands and Indian ocean.:D

For a real world vacation-Caymens, Coz, Utila and Bonaire.:cool2:

I would customize a 45' crew boat into a personal live aboard dive boat and slowly explore every island and dive site in the Caribbean starting with Cuba.

If we are just talking a week or two I would go back to Beaches in Turks & Caicos. I could get two dives in there by lunch and meet the rest of the people I came with at the swim up bar after.

Where I am (she writes, from the Akumal Caribe, where she is putting her gear together for another day of cave diving) . . .

Actually, a place I would love to go if money were no object is to dive Abaco in the Bahamas with Brian Kakuk. Need an open wallet and some sidemount training, though.

I just spent two weeks in my dream spot, the Mexican cenotes. I already have a growing list in my head of things I want to do next time, with Minotauro downstream currently at the top!

(I'm glad to see you made it, Lynn. Say hello and thanks again to Jason and Nando for me.)

Great Barrier Reef!

I did a Discover Scuba Dive there, and the rest is history.

Now that I'm certified I'd like to go back and explore some more, without being literally dragged around underwater by an instructor.

For me it's the Great Barrier Reef.

I have the time (being a "semi-retired" dive bum) but as for the resources... well, ah, that's a different story. But if I did, I would make an around the world dive/backpacking expedition out of it hitting places I haven't been yet. Among the highest priority stops... the Canary Islands, a return to Greece to visit a few islands I haven't seen, drop down into the Red Sea, out to Madagascar, down to South Africa, out to the Maldives, on to Malaysia then western Australia, the Philippines, the Galapagos, the kelp forests of Chile, Brazil, back through the Caribbean (Bonaire), Flower Gardens and back to Lost Angeles as a sample. Of course since I have the resources, I'm flying in a private jet and can direct the pilot to land at any other sites that look interesting.

If I get my dry suit patched up and can convince one of the entities in Antarctica to allow my pilot to land there, I'd love to add the last continent on my bucket list while I'm at it.

Dare to dream big!

Back
Top Bottom