Your favorite bc light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terrylowe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I usually have a flashlight in my bc pocket for looking in those nooks and holes. This light is NOT my primary night dive light. I just happened to notice that my most recent bc light has made it's way into my son's bc....makes it hard for me to use it. I guess I need to think about getting another light.....since my son is bigger than me :boxing:

What is your favorite backup or bc pocket light? Why?

I really like this one- Penetrator 220 - long burn times and very bright. Dive lights
Scroll down a bit on the page.

gs35led_black.jpg

GS35 -this because of fine machining long burning time , mineral glass, low price (99€-124$) , aluminium body , capability for upgrading led , 3xC size battery , slim body long 10' (220mm), and light penetrating capabilities (9°), heads with different lens and leds (240lm-750lm) all heads are interchangable, exist also shorter version of this lamp with only 5' (132mm) , it is also possible to combine tailcap and head , on/off with head twist , 1 O ring in head and 1 in tailcap but it is OK

I have the Dorcy DiveII 220 lumen light. It works well. The price is pretty good also. I don't have a lot of dives with it, but it was fine for daylight dives ie; looking into holes. I have no night dives with it.
OND

Intova dive light. Every day of the week, and twice on Sundays. Best compact light going by a mile.

I have the Dorcy DiveII 220 lumen light. It works well. The price is pretty good also. I don't have a lot of dives with it, but it was fine for daylight dives ie; looking into holes. I have no night dives with it.
OND

Yeah, thats the same as the "penetrator" from Pirahna. This light:
163.jpg

Have someone SCUBAPRO -NovaLight230 = 69Ł

because :
The Nova Light 230 from Scubapro is a super powerful LED light with an output of 250 lumens and a burn time of 18 to 20 hours. A great scuba torch as it can be taken to a depth of up to 120 metres.

Features
•250 lumen
•Colour temperature of 6000 - 8000 kelvin
•Beam divergence 9 - 10 degress
•Burn time of 18 to 20 hours
•Constant current control circuit which provides the same brightness over the whole burn time, rather than dimming towards the end
•3 x C cells. Must be non rechargeable in accordance with instruction manual. Not included.
•Maximum depth of 120m

Amazing that these lights can have such a bright light. Thanks for responding...you are getting me on a better track!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom