Your favorite bc light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This one might be a bit long for a BC pocket at just over 8.5", but I am amazed at how bright it is (and oh so inexpensive) : DealExtreme: $78.83 Diving Cree SSC-P7-C-SXO 3-Mode 900-Lumen LED Flashlight Kit (2*18650/4*CR123A/4*16340)

OK...I started investigating this light. Ended up ordering one. Came in from Hong Kong today. Couldn't believe anything this small was 900 lumen. So I looked into the beam. Now I am blind. Can't wait to see if I can blind any fish with it....:crafty:

OK...I started investigating this light. Ended up ordering one. Came in from Hong Kong today. Couldn't believe anything this small was 900 lumen. So I looked into the beam. Now I am blind. Can't wait to see if I can blind any fish with it....:crafty:

Stop wasting time on here and get that thing in the water already :D
I've used mine on 4 night dives so far and I'm in love. Let me know what you think!

I have the P7 in a SL4. I haven't had it in the water yet. I wonder if it performs the same as the one above.

I have the P7 in a SL4. I haven't had it in the water yet. I wonder if it performs the same as the one above.

From looking at the specs on dealextreme, I see this module is rated for a maximum of 4.2v. (DealExtreme: $17.35 SSC-P7-CSXO 3-Mode 900-Lumen Memory Textured Aluminum Drop-in Module)

An SL4 with 4 alkaline C cells would be 6v.

Is that not a problem?

Have you turned this on and left it on for a while - how's the heat?

From looking at the specs on dealextreme, I see this module is rated for a maximum of 4.2v. (DealExtreme: $17.35 SSC-P7-CSXO 3-Mode 900-Lumen Memory Textured Aluminum Drop-in Module)

An SL4 with 4 alkaline C cells would be 6v.

Is that not a problem?

Have you turned this on and left it on for a while - how's the heat?

I don't know how this was setup. I think it was modified to work in this setup. You can ask this question to jjblomquist as he is the one who sold it to me. I haven't noticed any extreme heat. I haven't gotten it wet yet and I imagine that heat wouldn't be a problem underwater. I have used it on land but only for a few minutes at a time and didn't notice any heat.

I'll throw this out there, just cause i finally got a chance to dive with it and was AMAZED by how nice and bright it's beam is... I was actually able to signal to my buddies during the DAY with a fair bit of ambient light, and them with EOS 12w LED and a 21w HID Salvo.

the new HP scout from Halcyon...

Scout Back-Up Light | Halcyon Dive Systems

i have an older (first gen) XP that i wear on my right, and now the HP for left as my backup BC lights. (short light on right so it isn't bumping the canister) :wink:

The beam is much MUCH nicer than in the first generation "XP" LED upgrade (this has been improved also in the new -current- XP)

So if you are putting together a first kit and planning on needing something that can brighten up your life NOW but will also be very functional in the future, take a look at it, or better yet, if you are nearby a group that dives em, take a look at them underwater...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom