Your favorite memories of Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going March 8-22, We stayed at the Marriott last year for 2 weeks, but this time are trying an apartment inshore. My fav spot is Playa Kalki. Trying to meet up with Warmwaterdiver while we are there also. But we overlap only a short time so we will see..Where are you staying?

goatfish:
Thank you everyone! The Mushroom forest sounds amazing! I am so looking forward also to the night dives. Come here, fishy, fishy, fishy.... We will be there Mar 9- 16. Anyone else there at the same time?

GF.

We'll be there a bit earlier, March 4th to March 11th, and staying at the north part of the island.

goatfish:
Thank you everyone! The Mushroom forest sounds amazing! I am so looking forward also to the night dives. Come here, fishy, fishy, fishy.... We will be there Mar 9- 16. Anyone else there at the same time?

GF.

We are there exact same dates :D Have you booked boat dives as well or just shore diving? I think we are doing 6 days of 2-tank boat dives + as much shore diving as we can cram in, esp at night. totally psyched for this trip

GF: I will be in curacao the last week of March. Be sure to post some threads when you return on the dives you do and the must dive spots.

DD

Hi !

I am staying at the Habitat. So far, have not signed up for any boat dives. Is that the only way to get to the mushroom forest?-not close to shore? I am totally excited about diving in warm water again. Have not done that since Roatan in August. I would like to do 4 dives/day, did that in Roatan by doing 3 boat dives +one night dive.

I will take notes on the best dive sites and report back. Everyone who's going to Curacao that same time, let's try to meet up at some point to meet and toast SCUBA board : )

GF

i think mushroom forest can be done from the shore but i read that the entry is difficult. my wife is not big on surface swims or lugging gear to and from the car so we probably will do it and most other sites by boat and do a lot of afternoon and night diving on Habitat's house reef. i'll pm you my email and stuff, it'd be nice to meet some ScubaBoard folks and a grab a beer or something and talk diving

Terence

The shore diving in Curacao is not as convenient as in Bonaire, but there are plenty of opportunities. That said, you can do two 2-tank boat trips a day with Easy Divers. (It's a bit of a challenge to get lunch in, but I've done it.) And, there's always the house reef for a night dive. (And a dawn dive too if you really are a glutton.)

Enjoy!

I'm not sure what you mean by not convenient. We did 22 dives in 11 days last year all from shore. We did rent a car as most of the sites you drive to, but the worst part might be hauling your gear to the site from the parking area. There are steps along the way. Here is a site with trip reports on it. http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/ABC/Curacao/index.htm
I added my 2 cents last year upon returning. Going back in 15 days!!!!woohoo

:D
One day to go and I get to see my favorite site...... Curacao in the rear view of the 727, hehe :mooner:
Ilena, ya'll still have my number? I'll be back on the Rock the 6th, so give a shout!

GF, Mushroom is a boat dive, do blue cave with it, as it's pretty cool. A car and some tanks is the way to dive here. I have other favorites :wink:

Tony!!
I tattooed it on my luggage!!! Can't wait to meet in person. Give your wife a hug and bless her for being there with her dad....It is the hardest thing she will ever do

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom