Your favourite dive countries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aposhark

Reaction score
Hello,
This is my first post to the group. Nice to find somewhere to join in asking for advice, and passing on thoughts/experiences.
I am PADI Advanced with 200+ dives in many different countries.

I was wondering what countries do people prefer to dive.
I know everything depends mostly on the time of year and visibility.

Anyway, this gets my ball rolling.
Look forward to your comments,

aposhark

First,

A big warm H O W D Y ! ! from me and the other members of NDI's Texas Swamp Diving Team. Be sure to drop over to the "Intro's and Greetings" forum and tell us more about yourself!

Second,

To answer your question, I would have to say.....Texas.

Hi and welcome,

Great Pic, thanks for sharing it with us.

So far my favorite country to dive is the Bahamas.
Of coarse, other than a few dives near home I haven't been any place else
Yet !!

I only have three dive trips out of the CONUS. I rank them:

1) Holmes Reef in the Coral Sea, Australia (Live-aboard). The Aussies were super friendly, the prices were super low, and the diving was just plain super. Thirty hours to get there, and they don't give the airline tickets away for free. The GBR (near the coast) wasn't that great.

2) Grand Cayman, BWI. Five or ten minute boat rides to great diving in 80-100 foot viz. Incredibly expensive.

3) Maui, HI, USA. Very nice, but GC is only a few hours away from me.

Thanks for the reply Stone.

Do you go diving much in FL ?
I am really pi$%^*d off at not having been wet for too long and wonder if it is worth heading down your way.
My friend told me it was only air temp 60 deg F down there the last few days too.

I have had some amazing dives, will go into them as things move along.:)

Aposhark,

I enjoy diving locally (between Pensacola and Panama City), but I wouldn't recommend this area to someone who's traveling from the north to "dive in Florida". I spent a week diving in West Palm and Ft Lauderdale this summer, and I will spend a week in Key Largo in May. That's the area I would recommend (middle Keys up to West Palm).

P.S.

In a rare occurence, the air temp is suppose to drop into the 20's (F) tonight. Might be in the 70's next week. Even in Northwest Florida, the winter water temps are usually in the low to middle 60's (warmer than San Diego in July).

Only been to 3 countries..... here, Cozumel and Roatan..... and they all have their advantages but if I was presented with a trip to one of the three, it would have to be Roatan.

It is the case with me that the next trip will be the best, just can't wait to get back in the water. But so far I enjoyed Ari Beach, Maldives the best both in and out of the water. It is a shame about the coral bleaching there. I can only imagine how spectacular these islands would have been 4/5 years ago.

Neil

Some good diving in the South Pacific! My wife and I had some great dives in the Cook Islands this past summer. Phuket, Thailand is also nice. For convenience and cost (for me), California has fine diving.

Back
Top Bottom