Your favourite dive countries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My favorite dives have been in Canada. Off the north tip of Vancouver Island. Absolutely fantastic!

To compare, I've been to:
Grand Cayman
Roatan
Florida (Key Largo)
Cozumel
Belize
Hawaii
Puget Sound

Yes, I still have had my best dives in the cold waters of Western Canada.

Welcome to the Scubaboard, aposhark - I love your cuttlefish pic, by the way :)

My favourite country to dive is Thailand because.... well, because I have never dived anywhere else! Hoping to dive across the border in Malaysia soon and hopefully GBR and the end of the year.

Have only dived Malaysia and Thailand, but I will definitely say Malaysia - there are many good sites there, with warm temp 28 -30 degree celsius, fantastic and isolated beaches, v. cheap diving, nice people, and so easy to get to! You can easily see some really fab marine life here like turtles, barracudas, morays, sharks, nudibranches, lionfish, huge groupers, stingrays, mantas and whale shark if you get lucky etc etc.

I am sure there are more lovely places out there, but there needs to be a combi of factors like pricing, access, marine life, diving conditions, friends u go with, diving operators blah blah blah

Aposhark,

I've dived in several locations in Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines, and loved them all. Natch, I've got the Philippines at the top, for variety as well as convenience. :)

But anywhere in the Indo-Pacific region is great... one of, if not THE most biologically diverse diving regions on the planet. :D

Hi Aposhark!

Where are you in Maryland? I'm orginially from MD (Cumberland...waaaaaay up in the mountains) and would like to dive the waters at home next time I come back for a visit.

Great pic by the way! Do you mind if I copy it for my desktop?

I love diving in Cozumel, Mexico. If you look for the right operator you can still find places that are not over dove. Although the regular drift diving is fun!

Hi Again,
I forgot to suggest a really great dive operation 'Costa Mayan Charters' Dive Cozumel. The owner operator , Rolli Fontain Mounteneer, is a diving guru. He will tailor the dive to your specs. He is dir, iantd,padi +. He has over 6000 dives (No exageration) and can take you places other operators won't venture. He also does the tamer scenic dives. If you want a treat check him out. I'm Cozumel bound in Feb. and while I dive with other operators when he is busy I really look forward to his trips.

Ive dove in kenya on two different trips and ive been amazed each time. the coast is dotted with great sites that are filled with a symphony of colorful life, both large and small. Try the south coast, its very remote and not often dove. email me if you want, scooter_bell@yahoo.com

WOW!!!! Great picture!!!! Did you take that one?

Now for the rest of the question:
  • Locally, because I'm poor and can't afford to go to far away exotic places on a regular basis. ;-(
  • Grand Cayman, because I've been there many times and I enjoy spending the time with my family.
  • Belize, because it's a fairly virgin area and the live aboard experience is something else.
  • The good ol' USA. I have been to a few places in the midwest that are fantastic to just plain fun.
  • I'll get back to you, but I'm going to Australia in the near future; it will probably make this list too.

Cheers :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom