Your LDS : What should they stock?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KD8NPB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What do you feel your local dive store should stock & sell...but don't?

In my case : At Aqualung dealers, the DSS bungee mounts! The factory wrist straps for the SK7 compass and Suunto dive computers are terrible. Bungees are a massive improvement, I love the way the mount comes together.

Competitive pricing......

Honestly, they will make a fair effort to get me what I want. It is rare the something is an urgent need.

My biggest LDS gripe is that they mainly stock "full kit" from the "leading brands" and, thus, are aimed at tropical only vacation divers.

Us local divers (cold water Northern California), who tend to prefer backplates and wings, end up getting most of our gear on line.

Then, the LDS owners complain that the on line stores are unfairly competing.

Can't have it both ways, guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My biggest LDS gripe is that they mainly stock "full kit" from the "leading brands" and, thus, are aimed at tropical only vacation divers.

Us local divers (cold water Northern California), who tend to prefer backplates and wings, end up getting most of our gear on line.

Then, the LDS owners complain that the on line stores are unfairly competing.

Can't have it both ways, guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just curious, but which make / model of bp+wing did you go with?

Our local LDS's doesn't sell Nitrox, and are against Hogarthian type gear. Guess what? Pretty much everyone I dive with dives Hogarthian. Their loss...

Our local LDS's doesn't sell Nitrox, and are against Hogarthian type gear. Guess what? Pretty much everyone I dive with dives Hogarthian. Their loss...

That sounds all too familiar... :D

I'm looking to change that though!

I just wish more of the local shops would follow the model of Dive Right In Scuba. Great click-and-mortar shop, with a large variety of gear, knowledgeable staff who provide a great deal of information to enable you to make informed choices. They carry a lot of the little accessory stuff for gear repairs that you don't find off-line.

Variety. Living in Italy, it's amazing how many shops here carry 1 or 2 brands. I would lover to support them even with the VAT but I can't get any of the gear I would be interested in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom