Your LDS : What should they stock?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dropped off a set of doubles a week in advance of a trip to be filled with 32%. They came back with 2300 psi of 27.5% ( in LP 85s with the "+" rating) and to add insult to injury, they had removed my custom name stickers from Dive Signs in the UK and slapped on a pair of PADI Nitrox bumper stickers, for which they expected me to pay.

Wow, and I got a little grumpy when someone who should have known better tried to tell me my stage-slung, MOD-marked deco tanks "had" to have nitrox labels on them and then hemmed and hawed when I asked how he'd deal with the GUE types whose actual certification standards only allow for MOD markings and put the viz on the bottom of the tank.

I'm really not sure how I'd react if someone just took it upon themselves to put such a sticker on my tank while I was away, but my first words would probably be along the lines of "Get that :censored:ing thing off my tank before I decide to garrote you with your own fill whip."

I don't consider the Dive Ships in my area as my LDS. Only one, Add Helium seems to have a clue as to the diving I like. They deal mainly with rebreather a though, and I don't have one. Yet. For instance, I walked in to one shop and asked for bolt snaps. This was for my sidemount setup and more backup lights. The guy kept trying to tell me to attach things with those damn retractors. um no.

I consider the dive shops in Cave Country to be my LDS's. They always seem to carry what I want.

I don't consider the Dive Ships in my area as my LDS. Only one, Add Helium seems to have a clue as to the diving I like. They deal mainly with rebreather a though, and I don't have one. Yet. For instance, I walked in to one shop and asked for bolt snaps. This was for my sidemount setup and more backup lights. The guy kept trying to tell me to attach things with those damn retractors. um no.

I consider the dive shops in Cave Country to be my LDS's. They always seem to carry what I want.

I'll second Add Helium, great store, very knowledgeable and patient. Because of this I had did about 2k worth of business in about a month and half with zero issues or regrets. Too me it's not all about the items the store carries but the quality of the staffing its self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'll second Add Helium, great store, very knowledgeable and patient. Because of this I had did about 2k worth of business in about a month and half with zero issues or regrets. Too me it's not all about the items the store carries but the quality of the staffing its self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
I just reread my post and it looks like I said Add Helium seems to have a clue. That is not what I meant. Add Helium is the only one that has a clue! I agree with you, it is a great store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom