Your online name, howd you pick it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dude....what was the question....I forgot already!

And now I have the munchies......

Actually I smoke and I've kept a nice saltwater reef tank for the last 5 years. Put the two together and.....At lot of other board admins take issue with the name, but after an explanation I usually get to use it, except at a certain Rolex discussion board for some reason.

And before someone chimes in.....I used cultured live rock and tank bred fish.

Smokin

Mine is the name of my boat Reel Escape II.

TOM

Fiirst letter of my first name and then what I do for a living abbrivated of course.
D bomb tek

My husband nicknamed me Little Bug for reasons I cannot remember.

I'm Big.
I like Budweiser.

Been my handle since the old school Internet days (1994ish), when everything was done on a Unix console in my college computer lab.

From http://www.green-manelishi.info/main/about/aboutindex.html

Green_Manelishi was my 'nom-de-network' while I was a computer science student during the early 1980s. Our college time-shared on a VAX 11/78x and when it was discovered that we could set the process name associated with our interactive user it was a fait accompli. A process name could be a maximum of 15 characters so I decided to use Green_Manelishi.

The name is a mis-spelled version of Green Manalishi from the song (written by Peter Green) "The Green Manalishi (with the Two Pronged Crown)". I used the name simply for its curiosity factor and I used an underscore, i.e. _, rather than a space in order to facilitate "instant messaging" between myself and others. In 1998, when I purchased my first PC and went on-line it made sense to use that same name. It piqued curiousity in the "big 80s" and seems to do so many years later.

very cleverly, i used my real name, "Andy"

and prefaced it with the chemical sign for water, "H20"

.... oh crap... i screwed it up

Reef, as in "coral reef"; Mongoose, as in "amusing little critter that scrambles around looking for anything of interest." Thus, ReefMongoose: amusing little critter who likes scrambling around all over the reef looking for anything of interest, especially under overhangs, in holes, and in gulleys. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom