YOUR OW course: What would you have changed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea I would not have passed me either. And I wouldn't have argued either. I was too nervous about mask clears and I was still freaking out about the idea for the next 10 dives or so. In the end I just made myself continuously do them and I got over it, but more practice on that skill for me would have been good.

The major thing that could have made my diving MUCH easier earlier on was for the instructors to do a proper weight check. I was 10lb overweighted after OW and whenever I struggled to get under they would add more weight. Mostly, I was just finning or holding my breath but not realising it.

I would have prefered they did not do all the skills with us kneeling on the bottom of the pool or the ocean.

Few other skills here and there such as buddy breathing, ascending without a mask on, more air sharing drills, etc would not have gone astray either.

Thanks for this discourse...It will help me in the future knowing what students want.

Back
Top Bottom