YS-D1 vs the new YS-D2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had 2 battery terminal crack on the cap and my concerns fell on deaf ears from the dealer and manufacturer. Was told I could pay $49 for replacement caps rather than offering the $.05 replacable terminal or just warrentying the defective part. Hope the d2s are better but I wrote S&S off after that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I had 2 battery terminal crack on the cap and my concerns fell on deaf ears from the dealer and manufacturer. Was told I could pay $49 for replacement caps rather than offering the $.05 replacable terminal or just warrentying the defective part. Hope the d2s are better but I wrote S&S off after that.

In case Inon came up with a stronger unit, I'd definitely go for it. Thing is, that the "narrow mode" of the d1/2 is a very valuable bonus.
In case you don't have to light up a fisheye FOV, you have a pro-level (YS250) intensity, which comes handy if one is limited on the ISO side or shooting against sunlight. After that, the z240 seems to be a compromise.

I am cursed with the strobe situation, first I wanted subtronic units (a bit heavy), but the news about their customer service is worse than scary.

You know, if you just want strong and bulletproof and don't care about size and weight, it is hard to beat the DS-161. The old DS-125s are still working fine.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom