Yup, another Canadian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pt40fathoms

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everyone;

Just a short intro of myself. I live in Manitoba, Canada. That's smack in the middle of the country. Started diving in the summer of 2001, and have logged 21 dives to date. The winter kinda puts a halt to "most" diving activities. However in the dead of winter, with the air temp sitting at -30c. We cut a hole in the 5 ft. of ice covering the lakes in January, and dive in the +4c water. Sure is an unusual experience, walking to the warm up shack, with your wet boots sticking to the ice after your dive. Not to mention the fact the the water, although cold, is far warmer than the air. Sounds nuts, but it sure is an exhilerating feeling under thick ice, watching your bubbles race along the bottom. Oh well, summer is here now, and the warm(er) water with it.

Looking forward to talking to the rest of you, and who knows, maybe one day I'll actually dive in a part of the world with "really" warm water with some of you.

:cold:

sounds like a blast - I really like the idea of that ice diving stuff. No honestly ask anyone here, I am not a CAD!!

Welcome aboard!

Jonathan

well, I don't know about ice diving, but welcome to the boards, hope to see ya around here, and happy diving where ever it may be!:)

Kayla:)

Welcome to the boards from another northerner...hopefully you'll get out to the coast to see some *life* in the water!!

Hello pt 40:

Outstanding! I would love to try diving under the ice. I'll half to give a try one day.
By the way, welcome to the board. Hope to hear more about ice diving from ya.
Safe diving to you.........:thumb:

welcome to the board from a fellow Canuk. :)

Ice diving........wow..I`m shivering just thinking about it!
Well....this www (warm water winnie) just wanted to say howdy and welcome to the board.If you ever make it to Texas...give us a holler!

Welcome, welcome You'll have a grand time here chatting with folks from all over.

Hmm ice diving... you braver than I my friend. I don't mind diving in cooler water temps (some of the folks here think water in the 50s cold, but I don't) prefer the warmer stuff (65+) -- but ice? You are braver than I.

Do hope to hear more of your diving experiences.

Hi pt40fathoms,

Welcome to the Board and we are looking forward to your Q&A as well as your conversations.

Glad to have ya anyway, eh.

ID

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom