Zeagle BC Shock-cord problems??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had one fray loose, fixed it myself to finish the trip. Zeagle sent me a new one (which looks better made and sturdier than the original). No further problems.

Good question for Scott over in the Zeagle forum ... maybe a mod will move this there (?).

If you really want it fixed then take it back to your LDS and get it fixed (hopefully you kept it in warrenty by anual servicing). I don't think it matters much because the wing is held to the BC by the cam bands. The bungee is probably just to keep the wing compact and close to the body. Personally I would rather have the wing expand and contract freely so that in an OOA situation it is easier to orally inflate. However, this is a personal choice and I own a Ranger LTD so it doesn't really apply to mine

It seems like this problem happens mostly on newly purchased BCDs -- I had mine for about 3 months or so, discovering the issue after feeling lopsided during a dive. Truthfully, after hearing turnaround times of 3 weeks or so on this thread from the LDS, I didn't really want to wait that long before diving again. Plus the marine store is a lot closer than my LDS, so I figure I saved everyone money. I might still take it in to the LDS if I find any further issues, but it seems to be holding fine after 14 dives after the fix.

If you really want it fixed then take it back to your LDS and get it fixed (hopefully you kept it in warrenty by anual servicing).

Judging from the service I've seen from Zeagle over the past few years, I'm betting they'll fix this for free whether or not it's under warranty....

-Charles

Yeah, but it'd still be a good idea to keep the warranty active. Personally, I don't think I'll ever purchase any bcd that's not a Zeagle (aside from BP&W)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom