Zeagle brigade weight release system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The red cabling pretty stiff, and that combined with the handle is velcroed into place makes it to where the red cable does not move until you pull the handle.

bperrybap:
There are actually 2 cords attached to the red ripcord handle.
The "cords" are actually a heavy duty nylon string very similar
to weedeater string.
When you pull the handle it pulls both cords and it causes both
weight pouches to open up at the bottom of the BC and lets
the weights fall out.
The weight pouches are not fully enclosed like a velcro or
clipping weight system. There are some gaps at the bottom
of the pockets.

The Yellow pouches are not strictly needed. However if you use
very small hard weights like 1lb or use soft weights they can
slip throught the gaps at the bottom of the weight pouches.

--- bill

The yellow things also make it easy to load and unload ike if you want to hand your weights up. I just used those little $3.00 mesh goody bags.

Yea, I was quite impressed with their service too. I don't even own a Zeagle BC yet but when I posted a question on their website, Scott Zeagle wrote back to me in just minutes. Outstanding service....

-Charles

I practiced pulling the ripcord once in a pool just to get a feel for how much to pull and how far, very easy to rethread. I used the small zip up laundry bags at first and then broke down and bought the yellow pouches, glad I did as the mesh laundry bags wouldn's hold up forever...

haha That video is funny. Its really that easy just one thing to pull. The yellow pouches are a godsend. Its not too hard re-lace the cords.

just curious, not familiar with this sytem, what stops the handle and cord from coming completely out, or does it?

Cheekymonkey:
just curious, not familiar with this sytem, what stops the handle and cord from coming completely out, or does it?

Where the cable comes through from the far side of the bc, it runs through the back of the pack... and there is a crimped on stop on the red cable. This hits against the part on the back of the bc stopping it from just coming out and having it get lost.

Not a great explanation - but hopefully that makes sense.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom