Zeagle Flathead 7 Balance diaphragm end cap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

e.powell01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just looking for a 2nd opinion. I was a Zeagle tech years ago before our shop closed. I recently had an experience at 80 ft and once at 25 ft where the end cap clear rubber balance diaphragm clear rubber diaphragm blew out. I heard a pop but could not see anything. Also dive buddy looked and because it being clear could not see it hanging out either. I'm assuming water entered and it should come apart to inspect. But I no longer have the tools to disassemble. In all the years I serviced it, never had a problem. Not being with a dealer any longer I cannot get parts to service myself so it went to a local shop who is not Zeagle rep. Only one around now that most have closed up within the last couple years. I'm thinking there is blow by because of a bad o'ring or pressure is too high.

Thoughts?

Is it the Zeagel Zeagle or the Apeks Zeagle? Zeagles were rebadged Apeks until 2000. When Zeagle designed their regs they used a lot of the Apeks basic designs. One of the changes they made was that the retaining ring for the environmental just screws by hand, no pin spanner needed.
Zeagle kits are available and Apeks kits can be found online. About the only really special tool needed is a pin spanner.

A leaking main diaphragm is likely the source of the gas that popped the hydrostatic diaphragm, so a complete rebuild is probably in order.

Zeagle/Zeagle. More the lines I was thinking, internal leak.To add, tools wise I would still need gauges to adjust settings. I have an IPG. But not the gauge for setting release.

20160822_061108.jpg

Tool list from the manual in Frogkick

4.1 TOOLS & ITEMS REQUIRED FOR FIRST STAGE SERVICING
- Soft-jawed bench vise (bench vise with rubber, plastic, aluminum or plastic jaw inserts)
- 1/4" Allen wrench (p/n 347-0104)
- 3/16" Allen wrench (p/n 347-0316)
- 5/32" Allen wrench (p/n 347-0532)
- 6" or 8" good quality adjustable wrenches
- 15" good quality adjustable wrench
- Zeagle Pin Spanner (p/n 347-0001)
- 1st Stage Annual Service Kit (p/n 345-1000)
- Clean Shop Rags
- LTI Christo-Lube 111® (p/n 347-0111)
- Service Video Tape for this regulator (p/n 347-0101)
- Intermediate Pressure Testing Gauge

I can't seem to find that "gauge for setting the release"

Not being with a dealer any longer I cannot get parts to service myself so it went to a local shop who is not Zeagle rep. Thoughts?

Try Zeagle Express:

© 2016 Zeagle Express is owned and operated by Aquatic Adventures Of Florida 5858 Gall Blvd. Zephyrhills, FL 33542 Phone: (813) 788-6476 or (352) 458-4573 Fax (813) 779-0358 Email:aquaticadventuresofflorida@gmail.com

Yes. What is "setting the release"?
Magnahelic is the gauge used to set the cracking pressure, which is the difference in pressure needed for it to deliver air. That's most likely what "setting the release" is referring to.

Magnahelic gauge?!...............................we don't need no stinking magnahelic gauge..............

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom