Zeagle Flathead VI or SP MK25/S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uglyredshoes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

i am having problems deciding between the two.

Went up till page 10 of the forums and still couldnt find a solution.

Any advise?

I sure plan to use the reg in both tropical and cold water.
My dives are recreational and yes i travel a lot.

Hope i can finally decide with help from you folks!

Check out the MK17 better for Cold water I think overall I'd give the nod to Zeagle much better customer service IMHO..

Another nod for the Zeagle. The Scubapro you are looking at is not really known as a cold water reg, and as previously echoed, the customer support from Zeagle is unequaled. Also, if you so desire, you can buy a zeagle service manual and reg rebuild kits... Handy, even if you don't want to do it yourself, but find yourself on a trip somewhere and the only shop only carries other brands, with a manual and the parts, you'd be in great shape.

uglyredshoes:
So in this sense, the Zeagles more versatile right?

But if i plan to dive in tropical waters than the scubapro is a better choice?

But you don't, and at this level of regulator, the difference in the way they breath is likely only measured by a machine.

I have a Zeagle 50D/ZX, and the Flathead is a better breathing reg!! If that is the case, I can not image I could tell much of a difference as I love the way my reg breaths.

Another nod for Zeagle customer service. Every time I need something, or have a question, I generally get answers from Scott, or he gives me a name to call at the Zeagle facility. Now THAT is service.

I have used SP and Zeagles (though not the one specifically you are asking about), I bought the Zeagle and have no regrets. I prefer the Zeagles, but that is just my opinion.
Larry- Where can I get the zeagle service manual and reg rebuild kit? I have always wanted a service manual, just so I could learn more about the reg. Do you sell them?
Thanks!

Jasonmh:
Larry- Where can I get the zeagle service manual and reg rebuild kit? I have always wanted a service manual, just so I could learn more about the reg. Do you sell them?
Thanks!

Just give us a call... We have them here.

Thanks Larry.. you rock.

Another vote for the zeagle. The breathe great, and are modelled after the Apeks line of regs with a few modifications. Yes Scubapro would be great for the warm water, but the Zeagle is more versatile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom