Zeagle Flathead VI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just don't order from LP. Seen way too many posts on the equivelant in house warranty.

yeah dont do the LP thing!! Its not worth the headache you will have later!

Scuba-Jay:
Im about to purchase the mares Dragon (not sure whether ill get the at or not) and was considering picking up the mares flathead vi. Have heard a lot of good things about it especially that the hoses come directly out to the sides and also the low profile of the 1st stage. Does anyone have any opinions on this? I want to go for a nice high end piece...

Jay
Did you plan on gettiing din or yoke and what type of diving do you do?
Even though you probably dislike me, I suggest you buy din, with a din to yoke adapter which costs a little more. If you buy yoke and then later decide to switch over to din, it will cost you more money in the long run.

I used to dive the FH VI, and it was a great reg. My only complaint was the relatively heavy weight of it compared to other regs. Felt like a brick in my reg bag. However, they are very reliable, high quality, and easy breathing regs. If I wasn't such a fan of another particular brand, I'd go with the FH VI, and spend a little more for the warranty if necessary. ScubaToys is an excellent place to buy these regs at a good price.

I look at something being heavy as not needing as much lead. I do agree that the first stage is heavy. Also thought that about a few Apexs regs that I have seen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom