Zeagle ranger BCD ???? I am a big guy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like their 58 lbs doubles wing. Why are you using a doubles wing for single tank diving?
Going by the OP's profile info and comments he's using a metal detector to recover artifacts from fairly shallow water.
Maybe he massively overweights himself to make excavation easier?

There's also the possibility that he's using his wing's lift to bring his gear and finds to the surface. I only mention this because he states he's a new diver and may not realize how dangerous that is.

@calabash digger - if this is what you are doing, it's not safe. The wing should only have enough air in it to keep you neutral. Use a separate lift bag or bags for your stuff, the general rule is use one for anything that is over 15 pounds negative. The problem is that if your wing is overinflated to compensate for your stuff and you drop it, you are going to shoot to the surface.

You hit the nail on the head I am over weighted...I am a newer diver true. The guys I dive with have been doing it for years and are very cautious divers. I value my life and will not be doing anything dangerous...well diving in 2 ft viz is already a little sketchy …

Diving …… Not lifting stuff with their BCD... I am not lifting heavy objects with my BCD other than my FAT self.:laughsnow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom