Zeagle Ranger or Ranger LTD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bp/w's are fine for all diving

If you get that good of a deal on Zeagle, get their standard SS Backplate with 30lb donut wing
Standard Harness with Stainless Backplate
30lb Donut Bladder

that gets you into a bp/w which is infinitely better than the ranger, and keeps you with Zeagle which removes any concern of the shop making you dive in gear they sell if you work for that shop. If that combo with your discount comes to less than $500, if not, then buy the Deep Sea Supply

What did you use to cut holes for your knife, I have the exact same BC knife, that was another concern that there aren't any holes built in and I'd have to cut into a brand new BC if I wanted to use my knife
I don't remember but probably my Dremel tool. It's pretty thick stuff. I did it almost a decade ago and no fraying since. My knife has the two little "button" screw fasteners so the last thing I did was apply a drop of thread lock.

Since you mentioned DM'ing - you might see if your shop has gear they want you to dive in - probably something they sell. And ask if they'll help on the price - some offer keyman discounts for DM's as well as instructors - it's how my friend gets all his gear at a discount. Another buddy dives a BP/W so he grabs a rental back-inflate off the rack for class. It's convenient for students to mimic skills when both have the same gear.

Back
Top Bottom