Zeagle Rapid Diver system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tparrent

Contributor
Reaction score
Just saw the Zeagle system on their home page and thought this might be just what I need for sailing. (No I don't usually sail underwater but....)

When I am anchoring in some new, out of the way place I have often wanted to dive over and check the anchor. Viz is often not good enough for a snorkel check or I may just feel like getting wet and poking around. Alos, a quick scuba setup would be great for getting rip of line entanglements on the prop (happened when I rescued another boat - long story).

The Zeagle system seems simple and, importantly, compact. I don't want to take up lots of room on the boat with my full set of gear. I also don't want to schlepp around an AL80 when all I need is 10 minutes of air.

Anyone ever try one of these?

www.zeagle.com

If your certified it can do a good job for what you want. Are you ready to dive solo? I don't think so, not yet anyway.

Gary D.

Dive solo? No way - not by a long shot. Just saw the system and thought it looked practical. Guess I'll have to buy a spare for my buddy :D

Actually, that looks pretty nice for rescue work in Southern California where many are done in "rivers" which are concert lined.

There was a rescue on TV the other day and the camera crews were on site long before any divers arrived, something like that is easiely portabale and allows for a quick check in shallow water.

I don't know how useful it would be for Gary who's diving in very cold water and at depth.

BTW, Gary I couldn't help thinking that you made it to a site in less than 15 minutes on Christmas and here in Los Angeles no divers arrived for more than 20. They had police officers in the water without any gear diving under and checking on the occupant. I don't have any info on the rescue recovery other than what was on TV.

I use one all the time-spent the last 2 years test diving it. One important point is that this is an integrated Scuba system and can only be used by certified divers. We have a ton of info here: Rapidiver.com which should help answer many questions about the system. Also, I attached a report from the latest Scuba Diving Magazine. If you still have any questions feel free to PM me

Rap

Xanthro:
Actually, that looks pretty nice for rescue work in Southern California where many are done in "rivers" which are concert lined.

There was a rescue on TV the other day and the camera crews were on site long before any divers arrived, something like that is easiely portabale and allows for a quick check in shallow water.

I don't know how useful it would be for Gary who's diving in very cold water and at depth.

BTW, Gary I couldn't help thinking that you made it to a site in less than 15 minutes on Christmas and here in Los Angeles no divers arrived for more than 20. They had police officers in the water without any gear diving under and checking on the occupant. I don't have any info on the rescue recovery other than what was on TV.
There is a large percentage of the world where that unit will be a blessing. In the right conditions it could be a dream come true. Unfortunately it wouldn't work that well for us.

A 15-minute response time isn’t unusual for us. Granted it depends on where the call is but the bulk of our calls are within the 15-minute range. I live 15-minutes or less from all of the Spokane River, Hauser, Hayden, Twin, Spirit, Alpine, the north end of Coeur d’Alene and several other small lakes. We also have some around an hour away. We have lots of remote water tucked away that a lot of people don’t even know about.

If you get some more info could you pass it on?

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom