Zeagle Recon Spring straps dammaged. Where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agro

Contributor
Reaction score
One spring strap on my Recon fins is dammaged, the spring is streched.

Where can I buy new spring straps which fit Recon fins?

Are there any straps which are stronger then the Recon straps? I was a bit disappointed about this failure.

Thank you.

Any common spring will work, just make sure you have the right length, most likely yours are to short.

I don’t where you can look over there but here are some at DGX

Any common spring will work, just make sure you have the right length, most likely yours are to short.

Are you sure, ANY spring will work? If diameter is 1mm to large it will not fit into intake.

Are you sure, ANY spring will work? If diameter is 1mm to large it will not fit into intake.
I’m using Hollis springs, they are slightly larger diameter and fit fine, bungee can also work fine and actually work better than springs.

No they were not to short but they failed.

No they were not to short but they failed.
Pretty had to over extend one if it’s not to short but nonetheless contact Huish customer service and see what they will do for you.

I am not sure if these springs will work. In the Zeagel Recon spring is attached by one screw only, different from other fins I know.

The spring's diameter is 11.5mm, Fins intake is only a littel bit larger.

Difficult to get Zeagle Recon spings in Europe......

I’m using Hollis springs, they are slightly larger diameter and fit fine, bungee can also work fine and actually work better than springs.
Thanks for this information. Hollis is difficult to get in Europe too. But I will try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom