Zeagle Recon Spring straps dammaged. Where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to look into using some bungee cord (repurposed luggage strap) to create a DIY strap. Attachment varies depending on the fin so you might have to get a little creative.

If you are able to find a stainless spring replacement, make sure it has an internal static line to prevent overstretching.

I do not have experience in bungee cords. Are they as reliable as springs? Sounds like a good opportunity. Where to buy them?

Spring must have a static line, no doubt about this.

I am not sure if these springs will work. In the Zeagel Recon spring is attached by one screw only, different from other fins I know.

The spring's diameter is 11.5mm, Fins intake is only a littel bit larger.
These will work, you remove the plastic block part on the end and they will be the same as Zeagle.

@Agro

Here is the relevant Zeagle part number for the spring strap for the Recon fins:

370-0100-BK STRAP KIT ASSY, RECON FIN

Check with dealers in CH and Germany. If you can't find one, let me know in a PM and I'll do my best to help you.

Bungees are strong enough to last for more than 1,000 dives, easier to use with a single finger than springs, easy to replace, and cost next to nothing compared to springs.

1712253125867.png

1712253149862.png

1712253166811.png

I do not have experience in bungee cords. Are they as reliable as springs? Sounds like a good opportunity. Where to buy them?

Spring must have a static line, no doubt about this.
I replace springs with bungee I even replace bungee with bungee to make them longer for my feet. I had bungee on my other recon fins
Bungees are strong enough to last for more than 1,000 dives, easier to use with a single finger than springs, easy to replace, and cost next to nothing compared to springs.

View attachment 835020

View attachment 835021

View attachment 835022
this

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom