Zeagle REgs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

f&rdiver241

Registered
Reaction score
Are zeagle regs good regs for this buisness?....what about the ones apeks makes for them? are the the same or atleast as good?

not to be harsh or anything, but i noticed that you also posted this question in another place, try and wait for an answer, not just posting in every forum.

Fly N Dive:
not to be harsh or anything, but i noticed that you also posted this question in another place, try and wait for an answer, not just posting in every forum.

Not to be harsh or anything, but get over it Fly N Dive, it's a valid question for this forum, much more than many and certainly more valid here than your response.

Zeagle regs are fine regulators. I dive a Flathead Six with my Divator MKII. You would be well served by any of their regs, they are well made, rugged and high performance.

I also have a flathead, also several other older zeagles (apeks made). In my opinion they are excellent regs, much better than the newer zeagles (a friend of mine had the newer ones and got rid of them).

I would say that they are one of your best choices for quite a few reasons
  • As well as the ones made by Apeks being great regs, since Zeagle began making their own, they have made a couple of design improvements that work really well
  • They are environmentally sealed with a dry chamber which works really well in keeping the crap out as I am sure that you are aware that this diving is not always in the most pleasant water.
  • They have a removable second stage cover that easily screws off allowing field level maintenance in the only part that the dirt can get into
  • They are great performers if you find your team going deep
  • They work in any climate and conditions
  • They have a lifetime service program and great warranty that you would especially benefit from using them hard
  • Fly N Dive might have gotten over the simple thing of a double post by the time you make your choice.

I use to use my ZX50 for my secondary and now I use it for my 70' deco reg. It breathes as good as my Apeks, but I use the ATX50 for my primary and wanted to keep the secondary the same. No diff on the performance, but I didn't like the swivel on my left post.

The diff between Zeag and Apeks in my opinion is this:

Apeks: metal knob vs. plastic

That's it.

f&rdiver241:
Are zeagle regs good regs for this buisness?....what about the ones apeks makes for them? are the the same or atleast as good?
Zeagle regs? Good? I guess so, I have purchased 3 of them since May, my other one is Apeks.

I dive them at 120ft in 42 degree water quite regularly.

I think that Zeagle makes some quality gear. I dive some of their stuff as primary and seconday. The regs are top quality performers. You won't be dissapointed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom