Zeagle Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

350xfire

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
OK, guys, I am considering a Zeagle Envoy Deluxe and need some help making the decision. I have read some of the reviews and seems like this is the one.
I have also looked at some Oceanic, Aeris, Mares, etc but the more I look the more I like the Zeagle (on paper that is).

Any opinions? This is my first post here. BTW, I am currently using an Aqualung Conshelf set that I bought used a few years ago so I don't have much experience with any other regulators, except for the inexpensive Oceanic that we used in Open Water Class. I did buy a Mares (similar to Dacor Viper) octo today and I like it much better than my old Aqualung, breathes much easier.

Also, I found the Zeagle for $225 on the net (pretty good deal in my opinion).

Thanks for the help...

$225 is a good price, but consider this. If you save your money, for not much more than $300.00 you can get a brand new Zeagle 50D/ZX with a full warranty. It has a sealed first stage and is also better for cold water. Also the second stage has adjustments for pre-dive and dive and is adjustable for breathing effort.

I dive with the Envoy Deluxe.

I recommend that you'll find a place to service it near you, my Zeagle needed adjusting after 2-3 dives (break-in?), after that it was perfect (and still is) but it needed a slight adjustment that one dealer didn't know how to do.

For me it was intermediate pressure, just a slight turn on the 1st stage.

However... when I contacted Zeagle (I live in Florida - so its close by), they offered I'll ship the regulator to them and they will make the adjustment for me, the problem was that I needed it fixed by the weekend (I had dives) so I went through some dealers in my area...

I have it set up so good right now that its easy to breath off at any depth, just a slight turn of the knob and its easy at any depth I tried (max depth I tried was 70').

I actually asked the dealer to set it up on a slight freeflow (one bubble once every few seconds) when the knob is fully open so it "breathes on its own" while I'm at greater depth if you know what I mean.

I'm supposed to dive 130' in the next few weeks for my AOW, so perhaps I'll have more to add after it, but I'm not worried, the service I got so far was above and beyond.

Its the first regulator I own (other than my oceanic octo and my scubapro pony reg), so I don't know if its like that with every regulator.

gil57usa, the Envoy Deluxe also has a predive setting.

But the benifits of a sealed 1st stage is known and should be taken into consideration... too late for me though.. I'll be more educated for my next one.

Hopefully the next one will be good for ice diving too, I can see that dive in the future and would like to use something I'm familiar with.

Gil57usa:
$225 is a good price, but consider this. If you save your money, for not much more than $300.00 you can get a brand new Zeagle 50D/ZX with a full warranty. It has a sealed first stage and is also better for cold water. Also the second stage has adjustments for pre-dive and dive and is adjustable for breathing effort.

Isn't the Envoy a diaphragm first stage which would make it sealed? Also, the $225 is from Leisure Pro so this is a brand new reg. Not necessarily the manufacturer's warranty but the local dealer wants about $75 more for the same thing. Local dealer is Scuba Toys, I live in Texas.

Also, the 50D is a din type connection. I don't use din tank valves. I guess you are a tech diver or something. Also, the "deluxe" model has the adjustments you described.

Thanks for the help so far. Good information.

Zeagle regs are available in both DIN and Yoke ( As specified on their site ). Also, scubatoys offers a rebate for scubaboard members (15%), the envoy dlx is only 250.75 if you include the rebate ( 295 without it). For a 25$ difference, you will get very good local support for your reg. Not everybody has a good LDS close to home.

Falco:
Zeagle regs are available in both DIN and Yoke ( As specified on their site ). Also, scubatoys offers a rebate for scubaboard members (15%), the envoy dlx is only 250.75 if you include the rebate ( 295 without it). For a 25$ difference, you will get very good local support for your reg. Not everybody has a good LDS close to home.

Cool, I did not know about the discount. Now the difference is Leisure Pro = $235.... SCUBA Toys =$270..... Gotta add tax. Not too bad.
Thanks

350xfire:
Cool, I did not know about the discount. Now the difference is Leisure Pro = $235.... SCUBA Toys =$270..... Gotta add tax. Not too bad.
Thanks

ScubaToys also price matches so you may get the Zeagle for the same price as LP with with full warranty.

I believe Scuba Toys also offers a special discount on servicing for regs bought from them.

Back
Top Bottom